Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 10-Nov-2014 06:54 Last Post By: vladimirarnautov Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
MrPuddington

Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
Posted: 01-Dec-2013 08:50

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello

I was wondering about the update situation for the Toshiba Excite Pro.

Specifically:

• is there going to be an update to Android 4.3 or 4.4? After all, this is a premium segment tablet, and I would expect the usual level of support. Other manufacturer usually release one or two updates.

• is miracast still coming? It was promised at release, but then it got quiet about it.

• has the thermal throttling problem finally been fixed? Again this isn't rocket science, every other manufacturer seems to be able to produce tablets that work without overheating.

• is there ever going to be a way to root it or unlock the boot loader?

I am sorry if that sounds critical, but given the reviews I had read, I think these questions are extremely relevant.
johno68

Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
Posted: 04-Dec-2013 15:30   in response to: MrPuddington in response to: MrPuddington

Hi Mr Pudd

This miracast thing has me completely baffled, perhaps you could help me understand.

I want to run miracast on my new Excite Pro.
Amazon uk advertise it with miracast.

Miracast say it will run on android above 4.2.
I called Toshiba and they tell me it will NOT run on this tablet.

The Excite pro 10 I have supports Wi-Fi, is android 4.2, and should be able to run miracast according to miracast requirements
I do not want to spend out on the miracast dongle if my tablet will not support it.

Can you enlighten me please.

Will miracast run on an Excite Pro AT10LE-A-108?
MrPuddington

Re: Toshiba Excite Pro update situation
Posted: 05-Dec-2013 13:15   in response to: johno68 in response to: johno68

Toshiba should answer this question. They promised miracast as an update in Q4 according to the original press release.

The fact that it is no longer mentioned in the specs makes me wonder whether Toshiba cancelled the plan to release miracst. That would be sneaky to say the least.
DrewBurton48

Posted: 10-Dec-2013 09:04   in response to: MrPuddington in response to: MrPuddington

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Excite-Tablets/Excite-Pro-Android-system-update-4-3-001120219-01/td-p/508477

We are pleased to announce a new Android system 4.3.001120219.01 image update for your Excite™ Pro tablet. This release will provide performance enhancements to your device. Toshiba encourages you download and install this update.

Release 4.3.001120219.01 Highlights:
Support Android 4.3
Miracast certified for wireless display
Added video stabilization recording feature for rear camera
Improved image stabilization for rear camera
TruCapture app: improved photo capture accuracy and enhancement

You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
Tap on the update message sent by the Toshiba Service Station application to your device, or:
From the Home screen, tap on the “Apps” icon in the upper right corner. Locate the “Service Station” icon and application. Tap “Check for Updates” and follow the steps.

Anybody here received this yet? Looks like it's only a matter of time. :)
MrPuddington

Posted: 10-Dec-2013 10:55   in response to: DrewBurton48 in response to: DrewBurton48

Nice, so it looks like it is coming after all. So why did they drop it from the feature list?

And this is the US update, I guess Europe has to wait a bit longer.
musicman100

Posted: 10-Dec-2013 13:01   in response to: MrPuddington in response to: MrPuddington

Someone on another forum says it usually takes a week for Europe to get the update. So lets hope so.
MrPuddington

Posted: 10-Dec-2013 18:28   in response to: musicman100 in response to: musicman100

I was looking for the technical bulletin with the European ROM versions. Is it just me, or is the support web site completely broken? I cannot find anything in there, neither by product nor by search words. And I cannot send a link, because the site does not use URLs.
MrPuddington

Posted: 17-Dec-2013 20:37   in response to: MrPuddington in response to: MrPuddington

I am still baffled by this. Support has of course not answered my questions, but I would guess that with the new kernel compiled, they would aim to keep the promise of delivering miracast in Q4. Maybe they will roll it our around Christmas, or more likely early in the New Year.
Fulgore

Posted: 19-Dec-2013 18:04   in response to: MrPuddington in response to: MrPuddington

Hi Guys,

check your service station, android 4.3 is ready to download :)

Regards Dave
johno68

Posted: 19-Dec-2013 20:55   in response to: Fulgore in response to: Fulgore

Hi all.

Now our tablets are miracast certified, does anyone know of a decent miracast dongle that will work?
eilesh

Posted: 08-Jan-2014 15:42   in response to: johno68 in response to: johno68

Has anyone managed to update and test if Miracast is working or no ,?

if it does how well and what miracast receivers are you using ?

I am in the uk and the 4.3 update is not yet avail but wondered if anyone knew of a way to download and install?

Thank
eilz
petercb

Posted: 08-Jan-2014 19:20   in response to: eilesh in response to: eilesh

4.3 is available in UK for Excite Pro downloaded and installed and working fine. Have not tried Miracast as no interest for me. Go to Service Station for update to 4.3. There is no external link to download it from it is only available through Service Station App
eilesh

Posted: 09-Jan-2014 13:37   in response to: petercb in response to: petercb

Hi

Thanks for update, I dont actually have the tablet and only thing stopping me is to see how well Miracast works.

So if there anyone who tried it or can try it on the new version I would appreciate any feedback

Thank
Eilz
joinme

Posted: 10-Jan-2014 15:28   in response to: eilesh in response to: eilesh

Hi,
I live in Germany and I haven*t received the update yet although I check it with ServiceStation App nearly daily.
When will it be available in Germany?
Or has any of you who lives here already got it?

joana
joinme

Posted: 13-Jan-2014 20:38   in response to: MrPuddington in response to: MrPuddington

Why is this thing here called "support forum"????
I mean what is the support if no toshiba people answer?
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved