Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C855-S5349N
network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Jul-2013 09:22 Last Post By: Andrej
xdmelasxx

Satellite C855-S5349N: network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall
Posted: 18-Jul-2013 12:05

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Today I downgraded my notebook Toshiba Satellite C855-S5349N. It was Windows 8 now its 7 I had to erase all the disk and the backup disk too, coz I couldn’t install Win7.

After installed Win7 I wanted to connect into my Wi-Fi connection it wasn’t there any Wi-Fi connection it’s like disabled but when I wanted to enable it none adapter was there.

So I went to manager tools and it was hidden but everything was good installed, but no external devices they were like Ethernet controller network controller and 2 more were there with the yellow triangle, but I didn’t installed any drivers after installed windows 7 coz I didn’t had any driver disk,

What should I do?

Need help :/
RandyRoberts

Re: Satellite C855-S5349N: network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall
Posted: 19-Jul-2013 10:00   in response to: xdmelasxx in response to: xdmelasxx

As I understood the issue: you are not able to use WLan not LAN connection. Is this correct?
Probably you did not install correct LAN or WLan driver.

The Satellite C855-S5349N isn’t known to me… it looks like it was released in USA.
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/C850/C855-S5349N/

I recommend checking the Toshiba US Support page for right drivers.
http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

but I’m not quite sure what WLan card/chip this unit supports… you will need to check the available Wlan drivers (Intel, Realtek or Atheros )

Feedback would be appreciated
Andrej

Re: Satellite C855-S5349N: network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall
Posted: 20-Jul-2013 09:22   in response to: xdmelasxx in response to: xdmelasxx

Some kind of driver disc doesn’t exist. When you install own OS version you must install every single driver, tool and utility manually one by one.
As Randy already wrote your machine is US model so all available drivers you should search on Toshiba US support page. Check it here .
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved