Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L755 - Battery Problem - Suspect phoney battery
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Jan-2013 08:14 Last Post By: Francesco_1
nickjbutt

Satellite L755 - Battery Problem - Suspect phoney battery
Posted: 29-Jan-2013 16:48

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My L755 has always struggled with battery life. From new, it was only managing a little over one hour and it was no surprise when it booted up one day with an ugly red cross over the battery and a suggestion that I might like to consider replacing the battery.

I went to Amazon and bought a 'genuine brand new Toshiba battery'.
The battery arrived, it is the right part number, but I was immediately suspicious because the battery had stickers on it that did not seem correct and a manufacturing date in 2010.

The sticker that bothered me most stated that it might contain NiCad, NiMH or Li-Ion cells -
I am sure that Toshiba are more professional than to randomly build the packs.

Sure enough, when fitted to the laptop I get a flashing battery light and it shows no interest in booting up. Should I give it a few hours to charge and try again, or go straight to Trading Standards to try and get the cowboy supplier investigated?

Thanks
Francesco_1

Re: Satellite L755 - Battery Problem - Suspect phoney battery
Posted: 30-Jan-2013 08:14   in response to: nickjbutt in response to: nickjbutt

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

Notebook should be able to boot up also if the battery is empty but connected to the AC adaptor.
If the battery is new, you should consider an longer charging. But as mentioned: even if its empty, the unit should power on and the battery should start to charge after the AC adaptor has been connected.

From my point of view and according to your message, it looks like the battery isn’t ok.
So would recommend to replace it.

By the way: I would recommend purchasing the battery from authorized Toshiba service partner in your country. In such case you can be 100% sure that such battery is an genuine product and compatible with your notebook. Many different internet reseller provide “low budget” and “low quality” batteries and sell such batteries as an “brand-name” product / article.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved