Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Qosmio DX730 and Win8 - touch screen does not work
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Jan-2013 08:40 Last Post By: Paolo30
meetpi

Qosmio DX730 and Win8 - touch screen does not work
Posted: 23-Dec-2012 06:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

My wife's parents purchased a Toshiba Qosmio DX730 (PQQ11A model). They recently upgraded to Windows 8 and the touch screen now does not work.

The problem is missing drivers (the monitor driver is reporting as a Generic PnP Monitor).

I went to the Toshiba site and selected the driver downloads for the appropriate model and installed a number of drivers, including the recommended NVidia display drivers. There are no drivers on that site that seem to install support for the Toshiba touch screen monitor.

Are there no Windows 8 drivers available for this model? If not, is there another solution? If so, where can I find them. Any help very much appreciated as they have a nice computer and purchased Windows 8 so they could use it with the touch features.

Thanks.
Paolo30

Re: Qosmio DX730 and Win8 - touch screen does not work
Posted: 02-Jan-2013 08:40   in response to: meetpi in response to: meetpi

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

On the Toshiba EU driver page you can find the Win 8 drivers.
As far as I know you need to install the Toshiba display driver to get the touch function working properly.

I found this driver.
Please check if you can install this:
Win 8 TouchScreen Software for Qosmio DX730
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums