Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L850
Windows 8 error - "PC ran into a problem..."
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Dec-2012 08:38 Last Post By: Francesco_1
guidorivas

Satellite L850: Windows 8 error - "PC ran into a problem..."
Posted: 03-Dec-2012 01:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello there.

I've purchased an L850 Satellite laptop, have used it for about 2 hours. Next time i booted it up, the error ""Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting info, and then we'll restart for you. (0% complete)" in a blue screen appeared.

It gave me a couple of options using the F8 key, that did nothing; it only blinked the screen when i pressed the F8 key, or any other F-key for all that matters.

Changing de Booting options in the bios, i was able to boot up a Windows 7 booteable DVD and to my surprise i found that the hard drive had no partitions...at all (when it should have 2 maybe 3 partitions and some blank space right?).

Of course, i couldn't also burn the recovery DVDs because i wasn't able to go back to windows, and when i tried to boot from a Windows 8 customer preview DVD, the same error occurred, over and over again.

I am now using the computer on Windows 7 that i've installed, but i would really like to go back to the original windows 8 copy that came with the computer....or at least being able to install maybe another copy of Windows 8 of my own.

Should anyone help me, i would really appreciate it.

Sorry if my English is not good enough, it's not my primary language.
Francesco_1

Re: Satellite L850: Windows 8 error - "PC ran into a problem..."
Posted: 04-Dec-2012 08:38   in response to: guidorivas in response to: guidorivas

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

I think you have installed Win 7 on the HDD. Right?
This means that Win 8 is not available anymore… it looks like you could not create the recovery disk containing the Win 8 too… so I see just one option for you to get Win 8:
You have to order the Recovery disk from here:
http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

But there is a still one open question: why the BSOD appeared?
It could be a system problem or an hardware issue but I cannot say for sure what’s exactly wrong… I think that you will need to contact an service if the Win 8 installation would not fix it…
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved