Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How do I restore my Satellite C660 to the factory settings?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19-Sep-2014 12:17 Last Post By: JoeLouis
vincenzo66

How do I restore my Satellite C660 to the factory settings?
Posted: 30-Oct-2012 00:37

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi all,
Just a brief question. How do I restore my Toshiba Satellite C660 to the factory settings? I have no recovery disks etc, and there is nothing on the PC I need to back up. Simply a straightforward factory restore to its original settings,

Some sites say press 0 (zero) and follow instructions. Others say press F8 and follow instructions. Hopefully one of these is correct but which one?

Thanks in advance.
Terentino

Re: How do I restore my Satellite C660 to the factory settings?
Posted: 30-Oct-2012 09:50   in response to: vincenzo66 in response to: vincenzo66
Helpful
If you don’t have recovery DVD (you didn’t create it) you can install recovery image following instructions at
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R02.htm

If this will not work you must order original recovery disc on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
vincenzo66

Posted: 30-Oct-2012 11:11   in response to: Terentino in response to: Terentino

Thanks. The laptop didn't come with any restore discs, and there's nothing on here I need to keep or back up, so the F8 etc option looks like the way to go. The PC came with Win 7 pre-installed and I haven't modified anything on it since purchasing over 12 months ago.

Thanks again.
RandyRoberts

Posted: 30-Oct-2012 12:09   in response to: vincenzo66 in response to: vincenzo66

. The laptop didn't come with any restore discs,

No new notebook model would be released with an recover disk… the recovery disk needs to be created using an preinstalled software called Toshiba recovery media creator… but this and other recovery methods were explained in user manual.
vincenzo66

Posted: 30-Oct-2012 13:04   in response to: RandyRoberts in response to: RandyRoberts

Just to clarify. By using option 2 in the above link (the "TOSHIBA Recovery Wizard"), the laptop will be restored to the way it was when I first bought it from Argos?

I'm not very techie as you may have gathered!
RandyRoberts

Posted: 30-Oct-2012 16:16   in response to: vincenzo66 in response to: vincenzo66

Yes, recovery sets the notebook back to the same state like at the first day of purchase
RAddicott

Posted: 19-Sep-2014 10:19   in response to: vincenzo66 in response to: vincenzo66

I ran the repair program as suggested, not having been able to locate my CD to recover the system. This took over 24 hours to complete, which might indicate the laptop is beyond recovery. The Windows 7 re-installation started, but after about 3 hours it gave up and froze solid. The only way to close down was to switch off the laptop by holding the power button. The laptop opens as far as the starting windows logo then hangs, turning off via the power button is the only way to close down.

I have now found the recovery CD's and tried using as instructed by the insert, namely to press C at the same time as powering on. The only response I am getting is as follows:

"No CD/DVD-ROM drives found"
"Device driver not found: 'TOSCD001'."
"No valid CDROM device drivers selected"

"Please insert Recovery CD-ROM #1 !"

"Press any key to continue . . ."

I have entered f12 to ensure BIOS is pointed to the CD-ROM drive, but it still refuses to power the drive when I try to run the Recovery discs.

Is this laptop terminal?
RAddicott

Posted: 19-Sep-2014 10:22   in response to: vincenzo66 in response to: vincenzo66

Sorry, I should have included reference to the fact that when I now try the f8 option, there is no longer an option to repair the laptop.
JoeLouis

Posted: 19-Sep-2014 11:09   in response to: RAddicott in response to: RAddicott

@ RAddicott

From my knowledge this error message appears because of wrong or faulty disk and image which was placed on the disk.

Furthermore the message “"Please insert Recovery CD-ROM #1 ” would confirm that the inserted disk is not the right one. Mostly the Toshiba recover image needs to be written to two (and more) disks. Therefore I think you did not boot from the 1st Recovery Disk
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved