Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C660 - recovery partition is there but can I make back up discs?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Oct-2012 16:13 Last Post By: mrg666
mrg666

Satellite C660 - recovery partition is there but can I make back up discs?
Posted: 14-Oct-2012 10:34

Hi all

Just a query
My GF turned on her laptop Satellite C660 series and it would not boot up, we tried to initiate the recovery sequence from the recovery partition but kept getting the error that was on boot up (the error was telling us a USB device had been unplugged).

As you probably guessed she never made the back-up discs when prompted, all I could think of was using a win 7 disc and reload that way then try and make the recovery discs after (I didn't activate)
so win 7 was installed nicely and all drivers sourced that was all last week.
Now for the crunch , the recovery partition is there can I now make the recovery discs and install from those , the win 7 I installed will soon require activation
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Terentino

Re: Satellite C660 - recovery partition is there but can I make back up discs?
Posted: 14-Oct-2012 21:04   in response to: mrg666 in response to: mrg666
Helpful
After own OS installation you cannot create recovery disc anymore and you can not install recovery image using HDD recovery option (F8 at start-up).

Best thing you can do now is to order original disc from Toshiba and use it for recovery image installation. It is definitely easiest way to have “factory settings” again.
You can order it on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
Liam_2

Posted: 17-Oct-2012 07:58   in response to: mrg666 in response to: mrg666
Helpful
Recovery discs can be created with preinstalled “Toshiba recovery disc creator” and this tool is available when notebook is preinstalled with original OS from Toshiba. Additional download and usage is not possible.

As Terentino already wrote best thing you can do now is to order original recovery disc from Toshiba. It costs a bit but at least it is the best solution for you.

Next time if there is some problem, don’t act before you post here. ;) I hope we can help you with some good and useful advice.

Good luck.
mrg666

Posted: 17-Oct-2012 16:13   in response to: Liam_2 in response to: Liam_2

thanks guys
just in case this happens again to anyone , what should be done in these circumstances
windows wont boot just get error hardware failure (and it was not as it is working ) or usb unplugged
press f8 to do a restore and the same error pops up
Also Toshiba should make the prog available for down load and make it so that it will only function if the original image is on the hidden partition
thanks again for your help and future comments :)
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved