Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L755 freezes on Windows home page
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Sep-2012 21:56 Last Post By: IronMan_1
rooster59uk

Satellite L755 freezes on Windows home page
Posted: 02-Sep-2012 12:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My Satellite L755 sometimes freezes at start up. It gets to windows home page then nothing works. I click start and nothing happens. No icons work. I have to hold down the off button to turn off and then re-start. I then have no problem. This is happening more often.

I have updated BIOS as per Toshiba advise.
xaver

Re: Satellite L755 freezes on Windows home page
Posted: 02-Sep-2012 18:12   in response to: rooster59uk in response to: rooster59uk

Which OS do you use?
Do you use original OS that you got with your notebook?

On this virtual way it is not easy to say what is wrong there. Your OS configuration is not known to us and we dont know which applications start with OS at start-up.

If the problem happen again and again maybe you should install OS again using original Toshiba recovery image and start to use notebook with "factory settings" again.
rooster59uk

Posted: 03-Sep-2012 19:26   in response to: xaver in response to: xaver

Thanks. I am on windows 7 which came loaded on the laptop when purchased. If I revert to factory settings what will I lose? This only seems to have started after bios update.
IronMan_1

Posted: 03-Sep-2012 21:56   in response to: rooster59uk in response to: rooster59uk

If I revert to factory settings what will I lose?
You will lose all additional preinstalled software (your installation), own OS configuration and saved data so if you want to do this please back-up all you data at first.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved