Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L750 - suttering lagging buzzing sound during media playback
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Aug-2012 07:55 Last Post By: kaalej
MattS_1

Satellite L750 - suttering lagging buzzing sound during media playback
Posted: 23-Aug-2012 02:46

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Ok, I bought this Satellite L750/L755 Refurbished and ive had it for nearly 2 months now.

Ive been putting up with this problem so far because everything i tried originally had no effect.
So now im coming straight to the toshiba forums in hope of a solution.

Ok so like the subject line says, there is a problem during media playback. Any media. YouTube streaming, DVDs, games etc. It is hard to describe what happens more than a Stuttering/ Buzzing sound, which seems to lag for about a second and then be fine again.

However this can happen anywhere up to 10 times during a single song on YouTube. But it is not localized to sound. As the sound lags, so does the video but not to the same extent.

The video just usually stops and then cuts back in after. The sound seems to just get stuck for the second, buzzing the last sound it was playing.

Another thing i noticed was that this buzzing was accompanied every time by a huge spike in my CPU usage. sometimes to 100%. but the task mannager shows nothing using the CPU at these moments.

So now to the solution and what i have tried

While i was shopping around i noticed that -Dell- owners seemed to be having a similar problem that was being caused by a faulty driver in the Intel Rapid storage system files, but i didnt have that installed so it couldnt have been that.

I noticed that Toshiba had released new drivers to solve a problem similar to this caused by the Atheros WLAN adapter, which my laptop has. I did download and try this driver, but as the problem occours offline as well as online i thought this might be a longshot. of course i was right.

If anyone can help i would really appritiate it.

Many thanks.
MisterX

Re: Satellite L750 - suttering lagging buzzing sound during media playback
Posted: 23-Aug-2012 10:18   in response to: MattS_1 in response to: MattS_1

Hi

Another thing i noticed was that this buzzing was accompanied every time by a huge spike in my CPU usage. sometimes to 100%. but the task mannager shows nothing using the CPU at these moments.

I think this is the key… it looks like this buzzing appears due to stressed CPU.
I found an interesting thread about the similar theme about media lag
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=67087

Using “DPC Latency Checker” and “LatencyMon” you could check what driver / service cause this.
kaalej

Re: Satellite L750 - suttering lagging buzzing sound during media playback
Posted: 31-Aug-2012 07:55   in response to: MattS_1 in response to: MattS_1

Hello!
I Acctually have the exact same problem. Gigantic cpu spikes witch makes all streaming media stutter, lag.
I've checked out some of the other threads about this in different forums and all of them points at dpc lag..
In my case the DPC latency is caused by either Ndis.sys or tcpip.sys.. A network issue.. or wlan mayby i should say. What bugs me the most is tha i bought this computer (L775d-10R) brand new two days ago!

I've updated every driver there is to update, including the new update from toshiba for the Atheros wlan adapter. None of it works.
I've just contacted my retailer to see what they say about where and to whom i should turn to adress this issue.

Is i t possible to update the ndis.sys somehow? Does it help? It feels like there is a internal conflict that dosent show somehow...

It's funny though, i only bought that stupid machine to make my wife get her hands of my gaming pc..
Now im struggeling with her laptop and shes on my system...

Instant karma...
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved