Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L655-16E - Factory reset using Recovery Media Discs
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Jul-2012 07:55 Last Post By: xaver
Baby Fish Cookie

Satellite L655-16E - Factory reset using Recovery Media Discs
Posted: 12-Jul-2012 18:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Ok so I'm trying to reset my Toshiba Satellite L655-16E back to factory settings after it started to give me the low memory error message, but I only have the discs it asked me to make when I first got the laptop, so when I do the whole F8 thing on start up and get to the screen with the Toshiba HDD recovery reset thing and click on it, it gives me this error message:

HDDRecoGUI
The Recovery of the operating System is impossible!
Could not find HDD Recovery folder on second drive of the first hard disk.
There is no valid HDD Recovery environment on this computer.

I've tried various different things; Pressing and holding 0 - Which gave me a screen asking which os I wanted to use (there was only Windows 7) then just continued to load as normal. Putting the first disc in and restarting my laptop (which I did pretty much every time anyway) - which did nothing. etc.
So yeah, is there a way of creating the mystery HDD file I need from the discs, or maybe another way of using the discs that I haven't already tried?
Silas

Re: Satellite L655-16E - Factory reset using Recovery Media Discs
Posted: 13-Jul-2012 08:03   in response to: Baby Fish Cookie in response to: Baby Fish Cookie

Could not find HDD Recovery folder on second drive of the first hard disk.
There is no valid HDD Recovery environment on this computer.
This message will be shown if you have deleted recovery image or changed partitions structure on HDD.

If you have created recovery disc or discs than you can install recovery image using these recovery DVDs.

Start your notebook and pres F12 several times to enter boot menu.
Put recovery disc in optical disc drive.
In the menu choose CD/DVD drive.
Press ENTER.
Follow the menu on the screen.
xaver

Re: Satellite L655-16E - Factory reset using Recovery Media Discs
Posted: 16-Jul-2012 07:55   in response to: Baby Fish Cookie in response to: Baby Fish Cookie

Silas is right. If recovery image saved on HDD cannot be detected only way to install original recovery image is to use Toshiba recovery disc.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved