When i put my headset in i can hear a very low sound.
This would mean that the driver is ok and possibly the sound volume needs to be increased…
1) Control Panel -> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices section
2) Choose Sounds and Audio Devices
3) Now Sounds and Audio Devices panel will appear.
4) In the Sound Playback section click on the Volume
5) In Volume Control panel set all controls to max volume (up)
If it does not help check this Toshiba FAQ: http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB7C021B0001R01.htm
I’ve got an idea…
Install the same OS which was installed previously (before the sound issue happened).
Then check if mute is not enabled and set all volume controls to max.
Then install the system using the Toshiba Recovery disk…
Would be interesting to know if this helps…