Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Mousepad is not working on Satellite C855-13T
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Jun-2012 08:17 Last Post By: Dr.Lamp
strat

Mousepad is not working on Satellite C855-13T
Posted: 17-Jun-2012 14:39

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi, I have a SATELLITE C855 - 13T.

I've only had it a month and the mousepad has now stopped working. Both the touchpad and and right/left clicks aren't working. I've managed to connect an external mouse into the USB which is working fine. I've restarted the laptop multiple times and also checked the Control Panel-Mouse settings, which says that the Touchpad device is working properly. I've also checked that the option to disable the internal device when external is connected is also not ticked.

I'd be very grateful if anyone has any advice on how to get this working again.

Many Thanks
mystikal15

Re: Mousepad is not working on Satellite C855-13T
Posted: 18-Jun-2012 07:59   in response to: strat in response to: strat

Have you tried using the Fn keys? Maybe you toggled the trackpad off using those keys. Its malfunction may also be caused by a shock, not necessarily an electric shock, but more of a physical shock, like a hit. I know this may sound childish, but I had this problem at the beginning, too.

I toggled the trackpad off using the Fn keys, and I didn't know how to bring it back anymore. Also, have you installed the Synaptic Pointing Device driver from Toshiba drivers page?

I hope anything I said really helps you.
Have a great day!
Dr.Lamp

Re: Mousepad is not working on Satellite C855-13T
Posted: 18-Jun-2012 08:17   in response to: strat in response to: strat

To be honest all you‘ve done is right. You must check if touchpad is somehow disabled but if everything seems to be enabled last and ultimate test you can do is to install original recovery image and test functionality with “factory settings”.

OK it is most radical but most effective method to check hardware functionality.

Please post some feedback about your decision what to do and about result if you will try to check it with “factory settings”.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved