Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Very low sound on Satellite L655-13U
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-May-2012 20:21 Last Post By: sido1
salahaddinm

Very low sound on Satellite L655-13U
Posted: 14-May-2012 21:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi friends..

after long search for support.. i came here to this forum to seek some help.

i have toshiba sattelite L655-13 (PSK IEE) installed windows 7 64bit OS.. the problem is very low sound. even the volume controller sound level set to max.. still very low. play and movies , youtube or yahoo messenger.. its very low.

i ahve installed the latest drivers.. and i tried the all posibilities to find the solution. but still no luck.

please can anyone advise me the possible solution to improve the volume.

my email ID is salahaddinm@gmail.com
Horwath

Re: Very low sound on Satellite L655-13U
Posted: 15-May-2012 08:44   in response to: salahaddinm in response to: salahaddinm

Have you checked volume level on certain application or players that you use?
Be sure it is also set to maximum level.

Do you use Winamp, windows media player or VLC player maybe?
Tonny

Posted: 15-May-2012 10:56   in response to: salahaddinm in response to: salahaddinm

Hi

Low sound?
Its not easy to say if it’s a issue or if you just thinking that this is a problem.

I checked the speaker specifications of this laptop and the notebook supports common “stereo” speakers.
Some multimedia notebooks are equipped with Harman Kardon speakers.
Such speakers are much powerful and provide louder and powerful sound. But your notebook supports simple stereo speakers.
My Tecra A10 speakers are also not loud… but this is not a “hardware” or “software” problem.

What you can do is to set all sound volume level to higher value. In task bar click right on speaker icon, then choose “Open volume mixer” and here you should see different volume controls… set all to max level….
I think this is everything what you can do…
salahaddinm

Posted: 15-May-2012 21:11   in response to: Tonny in response to: Tonny

Thanks for your response..

the sound is low mean very low... i can not hear properly. and the sound volume is on max volume. any video played in youtube..sound is very low.

i am surpriced that non of the toshiba engineer to responded my issue.

since this laptop is i3 and not outdated system...how can they use this kind of speakers which are useless.

i hope to find some utlitiy that can increase volume.

thanks to every one for there kind response to my request.
Dr.Lamp

Posted: 16-May-2012 07:42   in response to: salahaddinm in response to: salahaddinm

On “low budget” notebooks Toshiba build-in stereo speakers only. Other machines have high quality Harman/Kardon speakers.

I really don’t know why you cannot increase volume level. I had L300 with the same speakers and sound was OK. Not the best but OK. If you use your notebook placed on the desk only, I recommend you to buy external speakers. Place them near the notebook and enjoy video content.
sido1

Posted: 23-May-2012 20:21   in response to: Dr.Lamp in response to: Dr.Lamp

Been a problem on most L models nothing can be dont except use amped speakers,why tosh spoil their computers for the sake of decent speakers and sound card,my opinion
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved