Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L755 would not charge the battery
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Apr-2012 08:54 Last Post By: Dr.Lamp
BigBlueLou

Satellite L755 would not charge the battery
Posted: 12-Apr-2012 19:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi all. I purchased a new laptop today.. it would not charge the battery so I exchanged it in store. The replacement also has this problem. Am I doing something wrong or have I just been unlucky?

The battery icon at the lower right of the screen tells me that the battery is 0% charged, but is charging.The red light on the laptop near front left is lit as if to show that the battery is charging also.

Yet the battery is not charging.

If I were to unplug the laptop from the mains, the laptop switches off instanty.

This is the second brand new laptop with the same problem today. Perhaps part of a defective battery batch or is it a problem that can be corrected with software? I don't want to have to take the laptop back to the store for a second time in day.

Message was edited by: BigBlueLou

PauPau

Re: Satellite L755 would not charge the battery
Posted: 17-Apr-2012 08:17   in response to: BigBlueLou in response to: BigBlueLou

Hi

If the notebook shuts down immediately after the AC adaptor has been disconnected, then this means that the battery is empty and not charged.
Are you sure that you plugged the battery properly into the battery bay?
Please check this if the battery fits correctly.

Additionally I recommend removing the battery and disconnecting the AC adaptor.
Then press power button 30sec long and plug both parts again.
Then leave the notebook connected to mains for a longer period of time (2-3 hours).
Then check the battery charging level…

If it would still stay at 0% then I would recommend visiting you dealer and to check other unit or battery.
Dr.Lamp

Re: Satellite L755 would not charge the battery
Posted: 17-Apr-2012 08:45   in response to: BigBlueLou in response to: BigBlueLou

Start notebook without battery. When the Windows is fully loaded put battery in place and check what happen with the battery.

If the problem persists I’m afraid you must visit your local dealer one more time. As far as I know such issue cannot be fixed by software.

But what I want to know is follow: when you got new notebook what have you done exactly? Usually you should connect it to the mains and leave for a while and then start it for the first time.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved