Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to replace bluetooth on Satellite R850?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-May-2012 09:42 Last Post By: Paolo30 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
vulcanite

How to replace bluetooth on Satellite R850?
Posted: 09-Apr-2012 17:12

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello

I have a Satellite R850-115. I want to replace Toshiba bluetooth stack, but when i'm uninstall it, bluetooth module is disapper from devices even it's enabled in BIOS, so I can't install any other stack. For Satellite L655-19H Toshiba gave a BT monitor for enable bluetooth, but for R850 I can't find the same.

How to enable bluetooth without Toshiba stack?
assex

Re: How to replace bluetooth on Satellite R850?
Posted: 09-Apr-2012 21:29   in response to: vulcanite in response to: vulcanite

... so I can't install any other stack
Out of curiosity, which one you want to install?
How to enable bluetooth without Toshiba stack?
For me it souns like: how to start car engine if there is no gasoline in fuel tank?
Do you understand what I mean?
vulcanite

How to replace bluetooth stack on Satellite R850?
Posted: 10-Apr-2012 17:55   in response to: assex in response to: assex

Out of curiosity, which one you want to install?

Broadcom, Atheros, for example. May be even Bluesoleil...

For me it souns like: how to start car engine if there is no gasoline in fuel tank?
Do you understand what I mean?

I? I do. so, you seems, not.
I thought that explained everything in detail in the first post. But specifically for you, try to "chew" in detail. If you uninstall the Toshiba stack, the Bluetooth device disappears from the system and any installed stack, except Toshiba, refuses to install because the bluetooth device is not detected by the system.
assex

Re: How to replace bluetooth stack on Satellite R850?
Posted: 10-Apr-2012 20:51   in response to: vulcanite in response to: vulcanite

... refuses to install because the bluetooth device is not detected by the system.
How you can ask this if you understand everything? If the BT device is not recognized by the system probably something is missing. What can it be?

I don’t understand anything but as far as I know Toshiba BT stack (BT driver and BT software) can be installed after switching BT on using FN+F8 key combination. After doing this BT hardware component will be detected by the system and BT components will be installed and listed in device manager.

I used always Toshiba BT stack that worked and still works perfectly for me. Anyway, can you please tell me, is BT option listed when you use FN+F8 key combination?
vulcanite

Posted: 11-Apr-2012 17:39   in response to: assex in response to: assex

How you can ask this if you understand everything? If the BT device is not recognized by the system probably something is missing. What can it be?
Once more: - If Toshiba stack is uninstalled - bluetooth is disapper from devices - it's desn't seems in device manager, BTW - via BIOS it's enable.

I don’t understand anything but as far as I know Toshiba BT stack (BT driver and BT software) can be installed after switching BT on using FN+F8 key combination. After doing this BT hardware component will be detected by the system and BT components will be installed and listed in device manager.
Toshiba stack install itself when you press FN+F8 for a first time after purchase notebook. If you uninstall stack - FN+F8 will not work for bluetooth.
For L655 , Toshiba make "Bluetooth monitor" - program that's enable FN+F8 for the bluetooth switching even any stack doesn't present in system, so the bluetooth device will be marked with yellow "!".

I used always Toshiba BT stack that worked and still works perfectly for me. Anyway, can you please tell me, is BT option listed when you use FN+F8 key combination?
listed only when Toshiba stack is present
vulcanite

Posted: 02-May-2012 20:20   in response to: vulcanite in response to: vulcanite

So, any ideas?
Paolo30

Posted: 03-May-2012 09:42   in response to: vulcanite in response to: vulcanite

If you uninstall the Toshiba stack, the Bluetooth device disappears from the system and any installed stack, except Toshiba, refuses to install because the bluetooth device is not detected by the system

The point is that BT on Satellite R850 is a part of the WLan card.
As far as I know the Atheros Wlan card is built in the notebook and this is a WLan + BT combo card.

Before installing the BT stack the Bluetooth Filter Driver Package needs to be installed.
The package can be downloaded from Toshiba European driver page.
Not sure if you will be able to install other BT stack after the Bluetooth Filter Driver Package installation but fact is that this is the case for Toshiba BT stack.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved