Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Sound on Qosmio X770 - How do you use your Qosmio's speakers?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Apr-2012 04:03 Last Post By: BikerBandit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Kelven

Sound on Qosmio X770 - How do you use your Qosmio's speakers?
Posted: 05-Apr-2012 08:37

How do you use your Qosmio's speakers? You select Full Range Speakers (Front + Left) and Dolby?

How we can have the maximum out of our laptop's sound system?
blob

Re: Sound on Qosmio X770 - How do you use your Qosmio's speakers?
Posted: 05-Apr-2012 21:38   in response to: Kelven in response to: Kelven

i have actually checked it out of curiosity

even if you route your audio in windows (so called "software routing") through 2.0 (just left and right speakers), the subwoofer will still be working properly as there is a hardware "crossover" device inside of the laptop that routes the audio stream first through the woofer (but just a narrow band from like 0Hz to 200Hz or something) and then the rest is being routed through to the actual tweeters (high frequency speakers, or in this case 200Hz-high)

i would actually advise to use 2.0 configuration over 2.1 (stereo+subwoofer in windows) because 2.1 would mean you are using two frequency crossovers - the hardware one mentioned before and then another one inside of windows - and i am 100% sure their crossover frequencies are not the same, so you migh end up losing (or making it sound "muddy") some sound in the process

hope this was clear enough, if not i dont mind explaining this again
blob

Posted: 05-Apr-2012 21:46   in response to: Kelven in response to: Kelven

as for dolby, if you mean dolby surround, i hope i dont have to tell you, you will achieve nothing

and as for dolby digital, the algorithm that most of us know as a sound "goodizer" is actually a script that compresses the audio to make it seemingly sound better on either poor speakerrs or most commonly with a very poor audio source (either very quiet or not levelled properly)

so if you are a fan of good music in 320kbps mp3 or FLAC formats, dolby will run your crystal clear music through their math, which is completely unnecessary, as it is a lossy format and will alter the sound in a significant way

so unless youre playing a vhs tape somehow through your qosmio, stay back from dolby ! =]
Kelven

Posted: 07-Apr-2012 23:12   in response to: blob in response to: blob

Thank you for your reply, was helpful.

Myself, i just use the laptop with the default speaker/audio settings but i was just wondering etc. because
recently i used an old model of Toshiba i had X200-192 (the SLi one...) and i had the impression that sound
was better in X200 than the X770 but maybe was just me :D

Thanks again, see you around in forums here.
blob

Posted: 07-Apr-2012 23:35   in response to: Kelven in response to: Kelven

was it louder or the fidelity of the audio was higher for your taste? or maybe the noise to loudness level was lower? i can just wonder by what you mean better :) but still, maybe look into your audio config again, perhaps its setup in a wrong way. double check toshiba audio setup and windows separately.

funny story i had a roommate who had this ancient toshiba and was probably the loudest laptop ive ever head, while maintaining a pretty clear sound, so i guess theres no rule :)
Kelven

Posted: 08-Apr-2012 20:46   in response to: blob in response to: blob

When i made this comparison both X200 and X770 were on default settings and on 100% volume speakers. So practically i hadn't altered something than the initial settings.

What seemed "better" was that the X200 was playing music (music as example) louder and more crystal clear than the X770 but in any case i don't want to say that X770 is not playing music loud and clear. Hope you understand what i mean :D

Anyway all this was why i originally made this post above about audio settings etc. But all is good :)
BikerBandit

Posted: 10-Apr-2012 04:03   in response to: Kelven in response to: Kelven

standard left/right plus SRS labs audio = loud laptop for me

x770
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums