Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Qosmio F750
Ghosting may mean defective display?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Mar-2012 19:59 Last Post By: oxident Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
oxident

Qosmio F750: Ghosting may mean defective display?
Posted: 27-Mar-2012 20:50

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi!

I've got a short question: I'm a little bit unsure if the ghosting effect I spot on my F750 (glasses-free model) may be the result of a defective display. If I run the x-tune utility in the "professional mode", I see a clear green image when closing one eye and if I close the other eye, I indeed see a red area (as supposed) but there are still huge "greenish" areas visible. Almost the entire right quarter of the display is flickering green. If I adjust the effect as told by the application, the effect will only get even worse.

According to the face tracking window, my eyes are detected correctly and I'm also using sufficient lightning and viewing distance.

So, what's the experience other users get? Do you see clearly green and red areas? How about ghosting in movies or games?
Paolo30

Re: Qosmio F750: Ghosting may mean defective display?
Posted: 28-Mar-2012 10:04   in response to: oxident in response to: oxident

Hi

I think ghosting effect is nothing unusual in the wide LCD panel world.
I’ve got an LCD 42” TV and a light ghosting effect is visible.. most in the bottom display area…
I read a lot about such effect and this is nothing unusual. Sometimes it’s more visible on black background.

Not sure about your issue… maybe you should get in contact with an Toshiba ASP in your country in order to check this…

But ghosting effects are common for LCDs no matter what manufacture or product..
oxident

Re: Qosmio F750: Ghosting may mean defective display?
Posted: 30-Mar-2012 19:59   in response to: Paolo30 in response to: Paolo30

Yes, of course I'm award of this issues. But in contrast to classical separation methods like shutter glasses, I thought that the glasses free technology consits of a huge amount of micro lenses just in front of the display which are "directed" to either one or the other eye.

Having this in mind, I guessed that maybe the control of these lenses might be defective. Please don't get me wrong: If this behaviour is as expected by the design of this technology, I won't have any problems with it. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same effect. I don't want to contact my local ASP if it's not a hardware defect because I barely need the laptop almost every day ;-)
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved