Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
No audio device detected Qosmio X500
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-May-2012 16:10 Last Post By: MisterX
graapoj

No audio device detected Qosmio X500
Posted: 25-Mar-2012 11:36

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
I am new to this so forgive if I make an mistake . I've got some problems with my Qosmio X500 . Recently there's a red cross next to the speaker in my taskbar . Whem hovering the mouse above it it says no speakers or headphones connected .

When right clicking to detect problems it says that no audio devices are connected . In my windows device manager it says that everything is connected o.k. I also downloaded the latest Audio drivers ( conexant ). Uninstalled the old ones, started the computer again and installed the new ones . No solution .

On the internet I found this is a common problem with other Toshiba notebooks but no solutions were offered .

Please help .
Another thing I noticed is that streamin video ( e.g. Youtube ) is suddenly really slow and laggy . Playing AVis is no problem.
blob

Re: No audio device detected Qosmio X500
Posted: 26-Mar-2012 08:38   in response to: graapoj in response to: graapoj

first of all im going to asnwer your question about laggy video as i had this problem myself
and the solution was to download 32 bit adobe flash player instead of the 64 bit version
this resolved the lagginess but for example fullscreening would still be pretty awkward and a full format fresh firefox and adobe flash player helped me

as for your sound device, it seems weird... maybe if you right click on the volume icon with the red cross that u have right now and select playback devices, can you tell me what you see there? maybe its just simply disabled and requires you to enable it manually? if all fails i would suggest downloading newest chipset drivers or something

i recently bought a prorgram called driver scanner which basically scans your entire system for outdated drivers and uses their HUGE database to update them if needed. give it a go
PauPau

Posted: 26-Mar-2012 10:06   in response to: graapoj in response to: graapoj

Hi

I don’t think that your speakers are muted because in such case the red crossed through circle would be visible in the task bar… you said you see an red cross so I assume there is an software problem.

I found an useful and interesting tip from Microsoft page:
On Taskbar volume icon shows red cross. Trouble shooter fixes but keeps showing on and off

Please check this and post some feedback

graapoj

Posted: 26-Mar-2012 23:37   in response to: blob in response to: blob

Thanx . The video works fine now . I checked the audio in device manager , enabled it and disabled it manually . Still it staes no audio device enabled ?????
Horwath

Posted: 27-Mar-2012 08:16   in response to: graapoj in response to: graapoj

Still it staes no audio device enabled ?????
Wait a moment. Does it mean audio device is installed and listed properly but simply disabled?
When you restart your notebook is audio device only disabled?

When you open playback devices in sound properties (control panel) what is listed there?
graapoj

Posted: 27-Mar-2012 20:49   in response to: Horwath in response to: Horwath

Thnx for your trouble. ( I,'ve got a dutch language version of windows 7, sorry )
Yes, audio device is installed but it says disabled . When I right click the speaker icon with a red cross next to it on my taskbar troubleshooting starts . The outcome is it says audio device is disabled .
Device manager lists : Conexant smartaudio HD ( default ) and sdif interface conexant smart audio ( ready ).
In the other device manager windows it states that for sound, video and games I've got Conexxant smart audio HD and it also lists 4 times in a row a high defintion audio device.
Macius

Posted: 27-Mar-2012 22:05   in response to: graapoj in response to: graapoj

Is it problematic for you to make final hardware check: back up all your important data and install OS again using original Toshiba recovery image?
After doing this you should have notebook with “factory settings” again and every hardware component should be installed and enabled properly.

In my opinion you should not waste your time anymore. Test your notebook with factory settings.
blob

Posted: 27-Mar-2012 23:42   in response to: graapoj in response to: graapoj

can you confirm you can follow these 3 steps in your dutch version of windows?
http://i.imgur.com/vc0G9.jpg
graapoj

Posted: 28-Mar-2012 23:23   in response to: blob in response to: blob

I can confirm those steps. Only when I display the devices there's the conexant speakers marked default and an extra device sdif-interface conexant audio and when right clicking on the conexant ( just like on the shown example ) it list : configure speakers, test, disable ( so not enable !!!) device, show all disabled devices, show all disconnected devices, about software midi synth, properties.

So according to this it acts like the speakers are enabled but still on the taskbar there's a red cross next to the spakers and a left click and then troubleshoot results in not connected device !!

Thnx for letting me pick your brain.

graapoj

Posted: 28-Mar-2012 23:26   in response to: Macius in response to: Macius

@macius.
Restoring to factory settings is an option but i first wanted to find a solution without losing all data and programs.
MisterX

Posted: 09-May-2012 16:10   in response to: graapoj in response to: graapoj

Did you solve you issue? if yes how???
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)