Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
FN + F8 not working on Satellite P750
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 28-Mar-2012 13:15 Last Post By: Paolo30
webam

FN + F8 not working on Satellite P750
Posted: 25-Mar-2012 04:50

Click to reply to this thread Reply
we have had no trouble using the wireless connection on our Satellite P750 notebook but this morning my husband did the FN+F8 button, the light went out, came back on almost immediately and we lost wireless connection.
When we push FN +F8 again its says to turn on the wireless communication switch.

Please note - we have searched top, bottom, both sides and back and cannot find any switch, or anything with the same symbol that the F8 button has on it that mighjt be a switch.

Neither did he turn any switch off befoire or after pushing FN+F8 so I don't know how the switch or wherever it is could be turned off.

On looking under network connections there is nothing to indicate that the wireless isn't working. the cell phone can connect via the wireless so its something on the computer itself.
I have searched other threads and nothing helpful has come up.
Dr.Lamp

Re: FN + F8 not working on Satellite P750
Posted: 25-Mar-2012 08:56   in response to: webam in response to: webam

Hello

Have you tried to restart the notebook and test WLAN connectivity again?

I don’t have this notebook model but can you please check if WLAN button is placed between keyboard and display. It must be one of the function buttons.

According the manuals (page 47) it must be the third button from the left (power button, eco button and then WLAN button). Can you enable/disable WLAN using this button?

Please test it and send some feedback.
Paolo30

Re: FN + F8 not working on Satellite P750
Posted: 28-Mar-2012 13:15   in response to: webam in response to: webam

I agree with DR.lamp
The function button row contains the Wlan button.
It’s the second from left. Check this button… using this you can enable Wlan. But of course FN + F8 needs to be used too.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved