Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
My Satellite A300 unexpectedly shuting down
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Jul-2012 07:03 Last Post By: Notsosure Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
kamardeen

My Satellite A300 unexpectedly shuting down
Posted: 17-Mar-2012 10:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello sir,

My Toshiba Satellite A300 shutting down unexpectedly while I plugged in my ac adapter.
It doesn't say any warring or any other and then restart automatically up to loading of Windows and then shut down. This process continuous when I’m plugged in my ac adapter.

I checked my laptop not over heat and it run only by battery power.
Is there any solution for my laptop? I’m only using my laptop while battery charges.
Tonny

Re: My Satellite A300 unexpectedly shuting down
Posted: 21-Mar-2012 14:20   in response to: kamardeen in response to: kamardeen
Helpful
Hi

Did you test different AC adaptors?
It could be possible that the AC adaptor is faulty and provides abnormal power to the notebook. This could affect the notebook functionality…

But it the AC adaptor works properly the it could be an notebook hardware problem - like a power supply electronic issue on the motherboard…
Don’t think it’s kind of software problem since the battery mode works properly.
I think apart from Ac adaptor, the motherboard should be checked and I’m afraid the faulty motherboard might be expensive replacement.
levithin

Posted: 23-Mar-2012 18:50   in response to: kamardeen in response to: kamardeen

I have the same problem. If the battery is attached it works fine. But when the original power plug is plugged in the laptop reboots. Weird. Apparently after looking on the problem on the web. it is a issue that is generated by software update on the chip. That would have to be reset or removed. this is caused by microsoft updating. win7 usually has this problem. it is not a hardware issue. its a software issue as it a common occurence now.
levithin

Posted: 23-Mar-2012 18:54   in response to: kamardeen in response to: kamardeen

You need to boot from the restore CD provided with the laptop.It will reset the settings into original.

---OR---

ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.
•1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.

Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
•2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.
•3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
•(Step 2 & 3 DID NOT WORK on my L300 - I had to use the f8 button then you will see chose the top option for system recovery and follow the remaining steps)
•4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.
•5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
•6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.
•7) Click Next to Start recovery.
kamardeen

Posted: 04-Apr-2012 13:08   in response to: Tonny in response to: Tonny

hi,

I tried with another ac adapter but it remains same problem is there. but i start my laptop in safe mode.
it runs without any problem while i'm plugged in ac adapter.
kamardeen

Posted: 07-Apr-2012 12:44   in response to: levithin in response to: levithin

i did also recovery option for my toshiba satellite a300. same problem is there. i plugged in my ac adapter for charging then it goes unexpectedly shut down and restart automatically. plz give any suggestion favour to my problem
MasterG

Posted: 08-May-2012 16:16   in response to: kamardeen in response to: kamardeen

i plugged in my ac adapter for charging then it goes unexpectedly shut down and restart automatically.
Looks like motherboard problem… running OS in safe mode (diagnostic mode) many non-core components are disabled and the notebook has a reduced functionality. In such case the OS loads only some executable modules and usually disables devices, except for the minimum necessary to display information and accept input.

If the OS would get access to all the components and would load all modules, the error would appear again and this leads to the mentioned issue…
Notsosure

Posted: 30-Jul-2012 21:50   in response to: kamardeen in response to: kamardeen

The problem mentioned here is typical of a failing NEC/TOKIN Proadlizer, which may require replacement as mentioned here: http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Batteries-and-Power/Satellite-A205-S5800-freezes-when-AC-power-cord-is-connected/td-p/65220/page/5
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved