Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C660-M21G SM bus controller and display driver installation issue
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-Mar-2012 07:56 Last Post By: Silas
mostafaelgarf

Satellite C660-M21G SM bus controller and display driver installation issue
Posted: 24-Feb-2012 03:21

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

I recently purchased toshiba Satellite C660 M21G Laptop with windows 7 32 bit installed (not licensed) and I installed all the hardware drivers except the SM Bus Controller and the Nvidia GeForce graphic adapter driver, this because it does not exit on toshiba web site, or by other mean it exist but when I try to install either the Chipset utility or the display driver (VGA driver) an error message appear in both installation indicates that I didnt matched the minimum system software requirments for installing both the Dispaly adapter and the chipset.

I dont know why those requirments does not included in the error message ?

I have more that 12 hours trying to find a way out to install the dispaly driver because the standard VGA driver that windows 7 (32 bit) installed is very poor and i cant running any games or playing video smoothly
I am suffer and I need help

best regards
PauPau

Re: Satellite C660-M21G SM bus controller and display driver installation issue
Posted: 28-Feb-2012 08:03   in response to: mostafaelgarf in response to: mostafaelgarf

From my knowledge the Satellite C660-M21G belongs to the PSC1SE series.
I’m wondering where did you find the right display driver for this series…
The notebook seems to support the NVIDIA GeForce 315M

I checked the Toshiba European driver page and not all Win 7 32bit drivers are released on the European driver page… I think you tried to install wrong or not compatible graphic card driver and therefore this error message appeared while installing the drivers.

But it seems that Win 7 64bit driver is available for this series therefore I would recommend testing the driver for Win 7 64bit.
The SM bus controller might be the Card reader and in such case you should install the Card Reader Controller driver from Realtek. There is also an Win 7 64bit driver version available on European driver page…

Test it simply…
Silas

Re: Satellite C660-M21G SM bus controller and display driver installation issue
Posted: 05-Mar-2012 07:56   in response to: mostafaelgarf in response to: mostafaelgarf

I’ve checked several Toshiba notebooks who have the same graphic card ad none of them is supported for Windows 7 32bit so it will be difficult for you to find right driver.

As PauPau already wrote, try to use 64bit driver and please send some feedback. We just want to know if you will be lucky or not.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved