Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
My Satellite A660 still freezes after three service under warranty
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Feb-2012 09:18 Last Post By: MisterX
mzupan

My Satellite A660 still freezes after three service under warranty
Posted: 13-Feb-2012 07:14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My laptop freezes occasionally from the first day. I have a reclamation three times at two authorized service enterprises. First service changed the BIOS, they clean it and said that Toshiba tests didn't find the hardware problem.

Second service enterprise said that test shows problem with the hard drive and they changed Laptop still freezes occasionally, event viewer is my proof. Warranty expires at Sept 2012. What I can do?
Please help me with the sloppy service.

Desperate customer
xaver

Re: My Satellite still freezes after three service under warranty
Posted: 13-Feb-2012 07:43   in response to: mzupan in response to: mzupan

Hello

Have you also visited http://www.mojservis.hr/ from Zagreb?

Anyway, can you please tell us which notebook model do you have exactly and which operating system do you use? Do you use original preinstalled OS hat you got with your notebook?

Have you noticed this freezing issue with “factory settings”? What happen exactly?
mzupan

Posted: 13-Feb-2012 17:54   in response to: xaver in response to: xaver

Yes, I visited moj servis and mr servis. Both are official service centres.
It is Satellite A660-10W with Windows 7 Home installed and yes it freezes with factory settings. It freezes no matter what degree of activity is present. Event Viewer is a proof of freeze conditions. I don't want to be rude or boastful, but my 15 years work with computers tell me that motherboard have an error. I just don't know why Toshiba service centres are so inert.

I can find any toshiba support mail to inform toshiba about service centres sloppiness. What they think, that I want another computer and have a lot of time to get fight with stupid people, stupid questions in stupid companies.

I choose toshiba because they have 2 year warranty. Now I see that they can put 10 years warranty on that way. It would be more usefull that toshiba have an address where can I send the laptop with the "thank you but never more" message.
MisterX

Posted: 14-Feb-2012 09:18   in response to: mzupan in response to: mzupan

Hi mzupan

I can understand you very well… but I think the ASP technicians could not replicate the mentioned issue because you said that this issue does not happen regularly but sometimes. Therefore I could imagine that it was not possible to replicate this…

To be honest notebook can freezes due to different reasons:
  • High temperature
  • Software issue (3rd party tools, drivers, etc...)
  • RAM issue
  • Motherboard issue

It seems that the issue is not related to the software since you has reinstalled the system using the Toshiba recovery image and the notebook still freezes… right?
Well, HDD has been also replaced… so in my opinion the RAM and motherboard should be tested…
In my opinion you should get in contact with the service once again and should clarify this with the service technicians… maybe they will need to run the notebook for a longer period of time.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved