Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Stor.e Alu 2 3.5'' - file transfer problem
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12-Mar-2012 12:47 Last Post By: MasterG
georgetsoum

Stor.e Alu 2 3.5'' - file transfer problem
Posted: 06-Feb-2012 20:47

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I have recently bought a Stor.e Alu 2 3.5'' External HDD and I have a serious problem. When I am trying to copy to it a number of video files, the transfer never succeeds. It starts at a speed of about 20+ MB/sec, but after a while (a minute or so), nothing else is transfered and the progress bar stays still.

The LED light seems to be flashing though and no error message comes up from Windows Vista or Ubuntu that I am using. The few video files that I have managed to copy to it successfully (by chance I guess!) are working fine and the drive doesn't seem to have any other issues except that it is unable to complete any defragmentation.

I have already formatted this drive, but the problem remains and no transfer is possible unless the files are of small size. I have also checked the disc for errors and corrected them with MS-DOS command prompt many times. Please help if you think the problem is fixable or otherwise I should definitely return the drive as long as it is still under warranty.

Thanks in advance!

George.
PauPau

Re: Stor.e Alu 2 3.5'' - file transfer problem
Posted: 13-Feb-2012 09:09   in response to: georgetsoum in response to: georgetsoum

Hi

To be honest I would assume that there is something wrong with this HDD and would recommend testing another one… I would get in contact with the dealer and would ask for replacement
danieldotse

Posted: 10-Mar-2012 22:24   in response to: PauPau in response to: PauPau

I have a similar problem with my Stor.e Alu 2 3.5'' 1.5TB. I had this in 2011, it registers only 1.36TB, was using this very fine to both copy files onto and from the drive until I hit a free space of 764GB on the disk. Now I am unable to copy any more files onto the disk.

When copying several files onto the disk, the file transfer stops soon after starting at 1% copy and worse off freezes up my desktop. I have tried this on several other pcs (both desktops and laptops with windows 7 OS) but problem persists. it appears it will not store any more files though it registers 764GB free space.

When the copying halts in the middle, windows gives the following message soon after I switch the drive off at the switch on the case
"Windows - delayed write failed. Windows was unable to save all data for the file H:\$bitmap. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection, please try to save the file else where."

though I can copy from this disk, I simply can't copy any more files on to the disk. Please help.
MasterG

Posted: 12-Mar-2012 12:47   in response to: danieldotse in response to: danieldotse

though I can copy from this disk, I simply can't copy any more files on to the disk.

Maybe you should move all the data from the external HDD to computer’s HDD and should format the external HDD. Run the chkdsk command for external HDD to check the HDD state and then move the data from computer to this HDD again.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved