Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to turn keyboard back light off on my Satellite P775-11E?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-May-2012 13:06 Last Post By: PauPau
banderlog_1

How to turn keyboard back light off on my Satellite P775-11E?
Posted: 18-Jan-2012 22:16

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hallo, i have a bug: when i try to switch off the sound using special funktion sensor button it switches off the keyboard back light instead of the sound but sometimes it works and turns the soung off but then the keyboard back light is off and i have no idea how to turn it on back. any idea why and what should i do now?
Akuma

Re: How to turn keyboard back light off on my Satellite P775-11E?
Posted: 19-Jan-2012 05:17   in response to: banderlog_1 in response to: banderlog_1

Have a look in the Toshiba HWSetup utility (Start menu->Programs->Toshiba->Utilities), you should find an option to enable/disable the keyboard backlight.

You may also want to try reinstalling or updating the Toshiba Value Added Package and update the BIOS.
Horwath

Posted: 19-Jan-2012 09:24   in response to: banderlog_1 in response to: banderlog_1

Start Toshiba Assist > optimize > Toshiba HWsetup. There you will find option to disable keyboard backlight.
banderlog_1

Posted: 20-Jan-2012 16:50   in response to: Horwath in response to: Horwath

no such funtion found and the problem is that i cannot turn off the sound using this sensor touch button, it turns off the keyboard light and it should turn off the sound and i don't want to change anything in bios beacause i will I lose my warranty
banderlog_1

Posted: 20-Jan-2012 19:28   in response to: banderlog_1 in response to: banderlog_1

i mean those touch sensitive buttons (volume, play/pause, mute, wireless, etc next to the power button above the keyboard) mute sound off button disables keyboard back light instead of the sound
i also noticed that the touch sensitive mute button is working while in the welcome screen and turns sound off but after logging in it stops working as it should and i get this strange bug! please help!
should i bring toshiba back und get another?
Pedro

Posted: 20-Jan-2012 22:20   in response to: banderlog_1 in response to: banderlog_1

Hey man is the subject you write about keyboard backlight and now suddenly you write about touch buttons.

Try please to reinstall Toshiba Value added package. It should not be a big deal for you.
banderlog_1

Posted: 21-Jan-2012 14:23   in response to: Pedro in response to: Pedro

i mean this button , sorry for my english
Paolo30

Posted: 23-Jan-2012 12:57   in response to: banderlog_1 in response to: banderlog_1

Hi

It seems you are talking about the Multimedia touch buttons.
The multimedia buttons light is called Illumination.
Usually this could be enabled and disabled in BIOS or in Toshiba HWSetup.

and i don't want to change anything in bios beacause i will I lose my warranty
Changing BIOS settings does not affect the warranty… you can access the BIOS pressing F2 and can set it to default settings pressing the F9 button.
Angela_1

Posted: 08-Apr-2012 04:31   in response to: banderlog_1 in response to: banderlog_1

Hi, Last year I bought the toshiba satellite p755-s5269 and it never turn on the backlight keyboard, i have tried with de BIOS on F2, The FN+Y and FN+Z and nothing , there's no Ilumination keyboard setting as iqual that in HWSETUP, I want to know if someone has the same trouble than me.
Sorry for my english
He4oBeK

Posted: 08-Apr-2012 15:29   in response to: Angela_1 in response to: Angela_1

Angela_1 wrote:
Hi, Last year I bought the toshiba satellite p755-s5269 and it never turn on the backlight keyboard, i have tried with de BIOS on F2, The FN+Y and FN+Z and nothing , there's no Ilumination keyboard setting as iqual that in HWSETUP, I want to know if someone has the same trouble than me.
Sorry for my english

I don't think every P755 model has the backlight keyboard feature. When i customized a P755 at toshibadirect.com i saw that i could choose to have normal keyboard or for more money the backlight keyboard. Maybe you should ask Toshiba whether your model has it or not.
He4oBeK

Posted: 08-Apr-2012 15:33   in response to: banderlog_1 in response to: banderlog_1

banderlog_1 wrote:
i mean this button , sorry for my english

I think this is the on/off Lights button. If you want to turn on/off the sound you should use FN+Esc
PauPau

Posted: 04-May-2012 13:06   in response to: Angela_1 in response to: Angela_1

i have tried with de BIOS on F2, The FN+Y and FN+Z and nothing

If your notebook has been equipped with illuminatio keyboard, then the Z button on the keyboard should contains an small keyboard sign. If such sign is not there, this means that your keyboard does not support backlight
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved