Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L755-1D6 - USB 3.0 Host Controller shows yellow flag suddenly
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Jan-2012 13:20 Last Post By: MisterX
Deloware

Satellite L755-1D6 - USB 3.0 Host Controller shows yellow flag suddenly
Posted: 10-Jan-2012 13:40

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I bought a L755-1D6 w/ Windows7 x64 some days ago. The "Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller" was working correctly, I am using a CnMemory Core 1,5 TB drive. I used the drive in the last days and the transfer speed was fast.

Unfortunately today the drive suddenly was not recognized anymore. In device manager the controller is marked with a yellow sign and the error says "The device cannot start. (Code 10)". There is no hub listed for this controller.

The driver version is 2.0.32.0. I already tried
  • to remove the device
  • to uninstall the device
  • to use the driver version 2.1.28 from www.station-drivers.com
but no success. So I reverted to the official driver version 2.0.32.0 from Toshiba.

I searched the forums and googled this error but I could not find any working solution. In Windows Update history there are only two updates for Windows Defender listed since last week, so there were no major system updates which could cause this behaviour.

Any tips?

Thanks a lot,
Dennis
Akuma

Re: Satellite L755-1D6 - USB 3.0 Host Controller shows yellow flag suddenly
Posted: 16-Jan-2012 05:31   in response to: Deloware in response to: Deloware

Hi,

If you reboot the notebook do the USB Ports work again?

If you plug something else into the USB port does that device work ok?

Is that HDD powered using it's own AC Adapter? Or does it get power from the port? If the HDD draws too much power it can shut off the USB port for safety. You can use a USB Y-Cable to power the HDD from two USB Ports.

If the ports are still no good, try a System Restore and check the ports physically for bent pins.
Deloware

Posted: 16-Jan-2012 12:20   in response to: Akuma in response to: Akuma

Thanks for your reply. No, a simple reboot does not change anything, the host controller is still deactivated. And other devices do not work either - because there is no working host controller for this USB 3.0 port.

But: friday I discovered this: usually I use my notebook with an external keyboard, mouse (both USB 2.0) and external monitor. I connect those USB 2.0 devices first and power on after that. Friday I tested this: if I leave everything unplugged and boot the notebook without any external devices connected, the host controller for the USB 3.0 is successfully detected and it works. Then I am able to plug in the USB 2.0 devices (keyboard, mouse) and the monitor and the USB 3.0 drive - and everything works like a charm.

I don't know if the USB 2.0 devices may block any resources (irq, memory?) the USB 3.0 host controller needs to start?
MisterX

Posted: 16-Jan-2012 12:31   in response to: Deloware in response to: Deloware

Hi

Maybe you should install the needed USB 3.0 driver.
I found the USB 3.0 v2.0.32.0 driver on the Toshiba European driver page for L755

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com -> Support & Downloads -> Download drivers

Here choose the Satellite L755 driver area
Deloware

Posted: 16-Jan-2012 12:37   in response to: MisterX in response to: MisterX

The USB 3.0 driver v2.0.32.0 is already installed and available (see my first posting above).

If the host controller starts successfully, the driver works. It is just that the host controller simply cannot start sometimes and I don't know why.
MisterX

Posted: 16-Jan-2012 13:18   in response to: Deloware in response to: Deloware

Hi

Did you try to update the Intel chipset driver?
Since the chipset controls the USB controllers and hubs would recommend doing this.
Go to device manager, choose the chipset and lets automatically search for the update.
If nothing will be found then try to download this manually from Intel page.

Furthermore check the driver for Intel Management Engine Interface (heci)
On Toshiba page you can find two different versions: v 7.0.2.1164 and v 6.0.40.1215
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved