Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C660-1ZM is running very slow
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-Jan-2012 09:56 Last Post By: PauPau
aza1994

Satellite C660-1ZM is running very slow
Posted: 04-Jan-2012 18:29

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I recently repaired my laptop back to its original state, so nothing had been installed on it, it seems very slow, as it crashes or stuggles to load on several basic programs, sometimes it loads fine other times it just hangs, I have installed several drivers from the list on Toshiba, but still stays the same.

Any advice?
Thanks,

Aaron
xaver

Re: Satellite C660-1ZM is running very slow
Posted: 04-Jan-2012 21:53   in response to: aza1994 in response to: aza1994

What are “basic programs for you”?
What happen exactly?

I believe you that your notebook pretty slow is. Preinstalled OS must be configured properly.
You must remove all useless stuff from the system, configure start-up option to avoid long start-up and have better notebook performance.
aza1994

Posted: 04-Jan-2012 22:56   in response to: xaver in response to: xaver

like firefox, filebrowser. taskmanager. they all delay but only sometimes, other times its as fast as it can be.
what I did was repair my laptop with the startup repair, it then whiped my whole operating system off, so i did a complete reinstall of the operating system then removed the old version.
It was really slow to begin with then started to speed up, I have been trying to upgrade everything to see if it will improve the performance, but it seems to be getting better but still hangs on some programs sometimes.
Thanks for the reply.
PauPau

Posted: 05-Jan-2012 09:56   in response to: aza1994 in response to: aza1994

what I did was repair my laptop with the startup repair, it then whiped my whole operating system off, so i did a complete reinstall of the operating system then removed the old version.

Usually a system recovery (using recover disk or HDD recovery) should set the notebook back to factory settings and this procedure should format the HDD and replace the whole system, drivers and preinstalled tools. In most cases this helps to get OS running properly…
In your case it looks like system is affected by some processes running in the background.

Would recommend clearing the system and registry using CCleaner (freeware software).
Additionally you can take a look in taskmanager in order to check the processes.
There you can see what process locks the CPU and how many RAM is used by single process…
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved