Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 69 - Pages: 5 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ] - Last Post: 17-Nov-2012 16:38 Last Post By: screenworker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
blob

Re: Qosmio X770 - Nvidia drivers and Toshiba
Posted: 17-Nov-2011 08:30   in response to: EdBelgium in response to: EdBelgium

Click to reply to this thread Reply
i feel your pain bro, but i have been using the last 4 releases from nvidia, and they seem to be working fine

moreover, myself and other users of this forum have overclocked their cards from 657/1300/1200 to 800/900/1600 and are very pleased with the results, so try not to overexaggerate :)
umasilver

Posted: 20-Mar-2012 22:34   in response to: Knorp in response to: Knorp

Hi Guys,
You know what ? I have been waitiing for Nvidia drivers compatible with my Qosmio X770 for like 8 months, and now i'm fed up. I've send a letter indicating my disapointeness regarding their support for another problem.

They agreed to take the qosmio back and to refund me.

This is what i'm gonna do. I Wanted 3D technology for extra entertainment, I got only issues with that, and i could not take advantage of online 3d content. Right now, i'm afraid since Diablo III is coming out, and driver ajusment will be necessary. Really Toshiba, update your display driver ALREADY !!!!!!!!!

Hope Toshiba is gonna think about it and put ressources for supporting their harware.

Good luck
blob

Posted: 20-Mar-2012 23:35   in response to: umasilver in response to: umasilver

hey,

just download the latest drivers from nvidia.com for gt560m and they will be compatible and will work.

good luck
Kelven

Posted: 21-Mar-2012 07:17   in response to: blob in response to: blob

I use http://www.nvidia.com as well and drivers are compatible and working fine with Qosmio.
You will be utterly satisfied with the latest Verde Drivers 296.10 from Nvidia.
stevic

Posted: 22-Mar-2012 12:53   in response to: Knorp in response to: Knorp

But using the NVIDIA drivers will casue some heating issues, I mean I used them for a while and the temp of the GPU increased to 85 C while gaming, are you pretty sure that we are not frying our GPUs by doing this?
Kelven

Posted: 08-Apr-2012 21:09   in response to: stevic in response to: stevic

From my personal experience on gaming laptops which were always Toshiba (X200, X500 and X770) i was using nvidia drivers and of course since verde drivers was from nvidia and included Toshiba laptops , i always trusted it for my gaming experience to be better and up to date.

I am using gaming laptop for my main pc about gaming so as you understand the gpu can get or feel hot but in all these years i never ever had a single "frying" incident so far. The only thing i am using is a coolerpad and it makes some difference i suppose. Also i keep always dust-free my laptop and on a daily basis i clean it up so i can say that i take care of it.

I can't tell you if 85C is good or bad , or if officially there were "frying" incidents using nvidia drivers and not toshiba released ones but as i explained, my personal experience showed me is all good.

Hope i was little bit useful here :)

Good luck :D
angelexa

Posted: 07-Nov-2012 23:09   in response to: Knorp in response to: Knorp

I really hate to say it but ....I got the same problem...!!!
I bought Qosmio X770 and now I sorry so much.. expensive notebook without support and something
so damn important - doesn't work but Toshiba shamless keep advertise it ...

So to all customers - Toshiba doesn't care abt our support specially in drivers. There is something fogy between NVIDIA and Toshiba ..or just Toshiba doesn't care to sell pretty expensive notebooks without support of the drivers . Or maybe this is some bug which Toshiba is not able to repair it few years ????
Does it ppl call scam ??

How is happened that Toshiba doesn't care anymore abt its business and name ?

Hello is there anybody to give us the drives which we can use to update something which suppose to be done from Toshiba selling us their notebooks ?

Damn.. I wont buy anymore Toshiba notebook

MasterG

Posted: 08-Nov-2012 09:57   in response to: angelexa in response to: angelexa

@angelexa
Why you don’t try to install the nVidia drivers manually?
You can download the drivers from nVidia page or other pages like laptopvideo2go.com
Drivers can be installed always via device manager…
angelexa

Posted: 16-Nov-2012 23:09   in response to: MasterG in response to: MasterG

pls tell me more details how to download it via device manager ..?
screenworker

Posted: 17-Nov-2012 16:38   in response to: angelexa in response to: angelexa

i have also the problem with an X770 and Nvida Drivers, cant play any Games, only Games which could use Intel Graka are ok

but wanna test Battefield3 and so on , it was possible , had no problemwith installation of drivers

card was detected by nvidia correctly , used 301. of nvidia, wont work any more

GPU is about 50 Degree Celsius

Cu
Chris
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)