Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L650 - How to restore to factory settings?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Aug-2011 08:24 Last Post By: Andrej
Barts119

Satellite L650 - How to restore to factory settings?
Posted: 01-Aug-2011 12:08

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I formatted my OEM Windows Home Premium (on disk C), and now I need to restore my Laptop to factory, and I dont know how and if I try this: Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook nothing happen.
PinkPanther

Re: Satellite L650 - How to restore to factory settings?
Posted: 01-Aug-2011 17:10   in response to: Barts119 in response to: Barts119

Hi buddy,

If you have installed another operating system or formatted the HDD you are not able to restore factory settings because the HDD recovery files are deleted. The HDD recovery option can only be used with preinstalled Windows version and not with other installations.

In your case you need the Toshiba recovery disk but it seems that you didn’t read the user manual because you don’t have such a disk. This disk must be created yourself with preinstalled recovery media creator.

Now it’s too late for this but you can order such a disk from Toshiba directly and it will help you to restore the original out of box settings:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
Andrej

Re: Satellite L650 - How to restore to factory settings?
Posted: 23-Aug-2011 08:24   in response to: Barts119 in response to: Barts119

I don’t know why you have formatted partition C. When you start recovery installation partition C will be formatted automatically so this step was not necessary.

I don’t know where do you live but if you have European notebook start recovery installation following this document - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm
If this will not work than you must use recovery DVD for recovery image installation. Unfortunately HDD recovering will not works anymore.

Have you created recovery DVD following Toshiba’s advice (user’s manuals or Toshiba reminder)?
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved