Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C670 - Recovery Media Creator do'nt launch! Error link
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Sep-2011 14:16 Last Post By: Quad
Richard35

Satellite C670 - Recovery Media Creator do'nt launch! Error link
Posted: 24-Jul-2011 17:36

Click to reply to this thread Reply
(Google Translation)
Hello,

Recovery Media Creator will not start. Missing link error "TRMCLcher.exe"
I can not find the software on the Toshiba site!
Here's what the file contains Toshiba Recovery Media Creator:
http://hpics.li/6dfd626

Where can I find Toshiba Recovery Media Creator?

thank you

Richard
Timox

Re: Satellite C670 - Recovery Media Creator do'nt launch! Error link
Posted: 24-Jul-2011 18:34   in response to: Richard35 in response to: Richard35

Toshiba recovery media creator cannot be downloaded from Toshiba download page. This tool is integrated in recovery image.
I really don’t understand how this exe file can disappear for no reason. With clean preinstalled recovery image it must work properly.

If you didn’t create recovery DVD there is only one way to get it work again: you must install whole OS using HDD recovery installation. After doing this you will have “factory settings” again and this tool will work properly again.

How to use HDD recovery installation you can find on http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm
C3PO

Posted: 25-Jul-2011 09:28   in response to: Richard35 in response to: Richard35

Hello

Toshiba recovery media creator is only preinstalled on your notebook and cannot be downloaded. I don’t know why the program doesn’t start anymore but have you deleted this file or uninstalled any other Toshiba tools? This would explain why recovery media creator doesn’t start…

The only option you have is reinstalling the operating system again. You can use the HDD recovery function that is described in your user manual or follow the link posted by Timox.

If you have already created the recovery medium you can forget this but if not it’s important that you do a HDD recovery installation and create the recovery medium. As you can see in other threads some users would need the recovery medium but they haven’t done this so don’t make the same mistake ;)
hot_lege

Posted: 19-Sep-2011 20:12   in response to: Richard35 in response to: Richard35

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with my 3months old Satellite R630-13T!
I eventually decided to create a recovery disc being costantly prompted by the reminder.

The file TRMCLcher.exe does not exist! There are help files for media craetor but not an application itself.

I have to stress I did not removed any software from the laptop so far and I has been hardly used.

Is there any way to get it?
Quad

Posted: 20-Sep-2011 14:16   in response to: hot_lege in response to: hot_lege

Hello

I don’t have this notebook model but can you find preinstalled “Toshiba recovery creator” using follow C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Recovery Disc Creator\TRORDCLauncher.exe ?

If you will not be able to start it there is no way to repair it. What must be done is to install OS using HDD recovery image and with “factory settings” you can try to do it one more time.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved