Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Portege R830 - Windows won't start after I install Comodo Firewall
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Jul-2011 08:31 Last Post By: Xardas
jillefsky

Portege R830 - Windows won't start after I install Comodo Firewall
Posted: 23-Jul-2011 02:11

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Good afternoon,

I purchased today a Portege R830, and after the Windows configuration was over, the first program I installed was the popular free firewall Comodo. After I rebooted, Windows 7 wouldn't start anymore. It would get stuck on the user login screen and I know it's a problem with the firewall because if I make a system restore to the restore point created by the firewall installer, the windows will start again.

So I ask if there is any incompability between the firewall and some software on the Toshiba. Has anyone ever had this problem? I've been trying to solve this issue all day long with no results. I even re-installed Windows 7 using the Toshiba recovery and the issue persists. I really love Comodo, and I want this firewall on my laptop, but Windows just won't start!

Any help would be very apreciated.
Xardas

Re: Portege R830 - Windows won't start after I install Comodo Firewall
Posted: 23-Jul-2011 08:31   in response to: jillefsky in response to: jillefsky

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi jillefsky,

Have you disabled the Windows firewall before you started with Comodo firewall installation? As far as I know Portege R830 is delivered with preinstalled McAfee security software and you should remove this program before you install any other security tools.

Generally speaking this issue has nothing to do with Toshiba and it’s recommendable to contact Comodo directly. Maybe they know about this issue so they can give you a proper answer.

But I don’t understand why this program is so important for you. Windows has already an internal firewall so such programs are not necessary in my opinion. Just install a good antivirus program like AntiVir and activate automatic Windows updates. That’s all!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved