Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite Pro S500-14Z - How to access the BIOS?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Jul-2011 09:17 Last Post By: Syntax Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
karlS_1

Satellite Pro S500-14Z - How to access the BIOS?
Posted: 17-Jul-2011 15:58

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

on the Satellite Pro S500-14Z I can´t access the BIOS via F2 and can´t change the bootpriority via F12. By pressing F2 or F12 while starting, the S500 beeps and restarts. On the first start, I had access to Bios and set the supervisor password and activated TPM. Since that, I have no access to BIOS before Windows-boot. Is there any other key for bios-access (i tried ESC, F1, DEL, INS) or how can I change the supervisor-pw (i know my actual password!) and deactivate TPM?

Thanks
Karl
Xardas

Re: Satellite Pro S500-14Z - How to access the BIOS?
Posted: 17-Jul-2011 16:26   in response to: karlS_1 in response to: karlS_1

Hi karlS_1,

Normally you can access the BIOS if you press F2 key before Windows start. Does it work with an external keyboard?

You can change some BIOS settings using Toshiba HWsetup. This tool is preinstalled on your notebook and you can change the boot order with this tool.
karlS_1

Posted: 17-Jul-2011 17:25   in response to: Xardas in response to: Xardas

Hi Xardas,
thanks for your answer. I didn´t try accessing the bios with an external keyboard - unfortunately i don´t have an usb-keyboard. Changing Bios settings using HWsetup works, but i can´t change the supervisor pw. F2 key and F12 key before windows starts are not working.
Syntax

Posted: 18-Jul-2011 09:17   in response to: karlS_1 in response to: karlS_1

Hey,

Before you can access the BIOS you have to enter the supervisor password. So when you start your notebook (not from hibernation or standby) press the “INS” key when Toshiba BIOS logo appears. A prompt for the supervisor password appears. Now you have to enter the supervisor BIOS password.

When the password is certified then a menu appears:
Select the next operation:
F2: Platform Setup
F12: Boot Manager
D: Unconfigure of Intel AMT

Check this!!!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts