Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L670D-159 (PSK3JE) - Touchpad freezes then all freeze
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Aug-2011 09:35 Last Post By: Fabyonline
Fabyonline

Satellite L670D-159 (PSK3JE) - Touchpad freezes then all freeze
Posted: 01-Jul-2011 20:09

Hi everybody, I work on Windows 7 64bit, Service Pack 1. My portable is 3-4 months. The drives are updated and what more? Ask me if necessarely.

I've a problem with my "touchpad mouse": it happens suddenly. At first the cursor moves very slowly or erratic. When I try to shut Windows nothing works. So I click with the left button then it works once or twice and no more all is freezed. Nothing possible. My work can't be enregistred.

Sometimes, "ctrl"+"alt" +"supp" opens the Windows to choose to open the "panel configuration", but when I click it doesn't open. Sometimes, after a long time, I can start again but over times I must stop manually before start again. The ventilator seems to work too often, faster and noisely.

What do you think about this problem, does it exist a patch or something else to do ?

best regards
Fabienne
Syntax

Re: Satellite L670D-159 (PSK3JE) - Touchpad freezes then all freeze
Posted: 01-Jul-2011 20:27   in response to: Fabyonline in response to: Fabyonline
Helpful
Hey,

Do you notice the same behavior when you use an external mouse instead the touchpad?

To be honest it’s not easy to say what is causing the problem but have you already tried updating the touchpad driver? You can find the newest version on official Toshiba page:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

Check this!!!
Fabyonline

Posted: 03-Jul-2011 11:10   in response to: Syntax in response to: Syntax

Hello Syntax,
Thanks for your answer.
I haven't check with an external mouse because it isn't an USB one...

I went to the link, but it is told :" your product is not supported by this site" (???)
Then, on another page (I don't remember the link) I've found "synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad" , date 14/02/2011 ve. 15.0.8.1 I have telecharged and installed.

Mine was date 10/03/2010 the same version.

So, in the future I'll be able to confirm the problem was the driver... otherwise I'll post again ;-)

I have another question concerning the others driver whose new date is 14/02/2011 for the same version. Is it necessary to update each one ?
I don't understand why it is said "your drivers are update" when I ask to update the drivers from the control panel. Also when I consult "toshiba soft" it is said all is updated...

Regards
Fabienne
MisterX

Posted: 03-Jul-2011 17:11   in response to: Fabyonline in response to: Fabyonline

I have another question concerning the others driver whose new date is 14/02/2011 for the same version. Is it necessary to update each one ?
No, if you didn’t notice any issues then I would stay with the old version.
Fabyonline

Posted: 30-Aug-2011 07:38   in response to: Fabyonline in response to: Fabyonline

hi, I've just posted an other thread but it's still the same problem. The last driver isn't helpful.
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums//message.jspa?messageID=249086
regards
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved