Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-Jun-2011 23:06 Last Post By: Md Alzahrani
Rodr

Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
Posted: 25-Jun-2011 03:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've L755 from PSK2YE series for 40 days, and I have a problem with the Recovery Disk Creator part. I believe something is missing as I simply do not have the TRDCLcher.exe on the menu. I probably unistalled it by mistake or so.

I still have the HDD Recovery partition on D:.

Is there any way possible of getting that file back so I peform the Disk Recovery?

Regards,
Alec
C3PO

Re: Satellite L755 - Can't use Toshiba recovery disk creator
Posted: 25-Jun-2011 09:06   in response to: Rodr in response to: Rodr

Hello

That means you can’t start the recovery disk creator or what happened exactly?

The recovery disk creator can’t be reinstalled because it’s only preinstalled on your notebook. I think in this case your only chance is starting the HDD recovery option and reset Windows to factory settings. With out of box settings you can use the recovery disk creator.
Md Alzahrani

Posted: 26-Jun-2011 01:12   in response to: C3PO in response to: C3PO

Hello,

I face same problem with different model of Laptop, but sadly I can't make any recovery DVD's for no reason.
I'm having Linux and Win 7 side by side, GRUB is the main boot loader.
Here is what happened exactly, by the time I clicked on " Toshiba Recovery Media Creator ".
This is the message that shows :
" The Recovery medium creation is impossible!
Could not find HDD Recovery folder in second drive of the first hard disk. There is no valid HDD Recovery environment on this computer "

Any help would be more appreciated .

Regards.
Keany

Posted: 26-Jun-2011 09:01   in response to: Md Alzahrani in response to: Md Alzahrani

Hello MD

Recovery disc creator and HDD recovery installation can work with original “factory settings” only and if you have made some modification like second OS installation or anything similar it will not work anymore.

Many people make this mistake and don’t follow Toshibas advice. What must/should be done is creation of recovery disc at first and best moment for this is after purchase.

When the recovery discs are created you can do with your notebook whatever you want and one day if you want to have “factory settings” again you can use your recovery discs for recovery image installation.
Sorry but now is too late and you cannot do anything about that. What you can do is to order original Toshiba recovery disc on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

If you have more questions you are welcome.
Md Alzahrani

Posted: 29-Jun-2011 16:17   in response to: Keany in response to: Keany

Hello Keany,

Thanks for your fast replay and your answer, apparently I didn't count that before I start of installing Linux side by side with Win 7.
Hopefully I might have an old Recovery DVDs that I made by the time I bought this Laptop << wish my luck to find them.

I might have one more question, if I managed to do recovery from the DVDs I had, will it restore the recovery DVD images that been removed from HDD ?

Regards.
TwoLags

Posted: 29-Jun-2011 19:50   in response to: Md Alzahrani in response to: Md Alzahrani

Hey,

Yes, the Toshiba recovery disk will restore the original out of box settings and also HDD recovery files on second partition. So if you install Windows from recovery disk you will be able to use the HDD recovery too.

Recovery disk contains an image of factory settings and HDD recovery is available with factory settings. :)
Md Alzahrani

Posted: 29-Jun-2011 23:06   in response to: TwoLags in response to: TwoLags

Hello TwoLags,
Thanks for your help, I'll try that right now. And I'll be more cautious in future when it comes to install another OS.

Thanks to everyone who have helped me out.

Regards,
Md
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved