Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L675 - How do I restore factory settings?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Jun-2011 15:31 Last Post By: pjessen
pjessen

Satellite L675 - How do I restore factory settings?
Posted: 10-Jun-2011 11:10

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I was doing the initial installation when we had a power cut (well, the UPS failed the selftest) - the installation did not seem to complete properly, so I tried to repair/continue the installation.

However, all my googling etc. has only led me to the advice: power on, press F8, choose "Repair Computer". Well, I don't have the "Repair Computer" option. Instead I figured I could restore to factory settings and just start over.

How do I restore to factory settings?
PinkPanther

Re: Satellite L675 - How do I restore factory settings?
Posted: 10-Jun-2011 12:12   in response to: pjessen in response to: pjessen

Hi buddy,

What advanced boot options you have if you don’t see repair my computer? Usually this option is always available and exact recovery process is described here:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm

If it doesn’t work your only option is Toshiba recovery disk but I doubt you have it if you have done the initial installation because the recovery disk can only be created after successful recovery installation.

Your only chance would be ordering a recovery disk here:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
Paolo30

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 13:13   in response to: pjessen in response to: pjessen

Well, I don't have the "Repair Computer" option. Instead I figured I could restore to factory settings and just start over.

Well, in such case the HDD recovery does not seem to be possible and therefore you will need the Recovery disk.
You can order this from the page given by PinkPanther
pjessen

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 13:14   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

Hi, on the advanced boot options menu I have e.g. "Safe mode", "Safe mode with Network", "Debug", "Boot with last working config", "Boot with resolution 640x480".
I actually managed to get the system to boot using "Boot with last working config", and I've just now managed to create a recovery system on USB.
I've got another question about how to change the language, but I'll start a new thread on that.
PinkPanther

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 13:27   in response to: pjessen in response to: pjessen

and I've just now managed to create a recovery system on USB.
How have you done this if Windows isn’t installed?
You can create the Toshiba recovery disk using preinstalled Toshiba recovery media creator. This tool you need to create a recovery medium. On some notebooks you can also create recovery USB stick but therefore you need a USB stick with 8 or 16GB capacity.

I've got another question about how to change the language
You want to change the language of Windows itself?
Well, this is not possible. The language of Windows 7 can only be changed with Ultimate Edition that supports MUI.
pjessen

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 13:39   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

PinkPanther wrote:
How have you done this if Windows isn’t installed?

I guess WIndows was at least partially installed, but the process was definitely cut short when I compare to the other L675s I've installed.

PinkPanther wrote:
You want to change the language of Windows itself?
Well, this is not possible. The language of Windows 7 can only be changed with Ultimate Edition that supports MUI.

I have Win7 Home Premium on these machines. They initially came with four languages (eng,fre,ita,ger) available, I just want to go back to one of those, but not even a factory restore seems to help.
PinkPanther

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 13:54   in response to: pjessen in response to: pjessen

Hi buddy,

I’m a little bit confused… Have you created a recovery medium using Toshiba recovery media creator or not?

As far as I know on Satellite L675 you can’t change between different languages because only the Home version is installed. So the language can’t be changed, you can only use the language of preinstalled Windows 7 version.

I never heard that it’s possible to change the language. What Satellite L675 you have exactly?
pjessen

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 14:29   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

I’m a little bit confused… Have you created a recovery medium using Toshiba recovery media creator or not?

Yes, I managed to create a recovery medium on USB, which I have used and I am now awaiting the (new/restarted?) install to complete.

As far as I know on Satellite L675 you can’t change between different languages because only the Home version is installed.

That's okay, I didn't want to change between languages, I'm fine with repeating theinstallation, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

So the language can’t be changed, you can only use the language of preinstalled Windows 7 version.

The machines came with four languages available, but it seems that once the installation of one is complete, there is no going back (apart from purchasing a recovery disk which is language-specific).

I never heard that it’s possible to change the language. What Satellite L675 you have exactly?

The exact model# is L675-11P, part# PSK3AE-07F003S4
PinkPanther

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 15:05   in response to: pjessen in response to: pjessen

Where did you find this information that the machine came with four languages availability?

Fact is (as you can also read in your other thread) that you can’t choose between languages even you reinstall the OS from recovery medium. The notebook is delivered with OS in one language.
Paolo30

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 15:21   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

The Toshiba image which was preinstalled on this notebook contains 4 languages.
So pjessen is right. But as far as I know after one language has been chosen, you are not able to change this…so I recommend ordering new recovery disk.
pjessen

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 15:31   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

Where did you find this information that the machine came with four languages availability?
I saw it when I first powered it on and was asked to choose.
Fact is (as you can also read in your other thread) that you can’t choose between languages even you reinstall the OS from recovery medium.
Yeah, it looks like once I have chosen a language, that's it. Highly annoying. I know it warned me, but I thought restoring to factory setting would still be an option.
The notebook is delivered with OS in one language.
No, it comes with four, ready to be installed.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved