Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L750 - Setting up recovery wizard when first switched on
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Jun-2014 10:59 Last Post By: Syntax Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Shell73

Satellite L750 - Setting up recovery wizard when first switched on
Posted: 31-May-2011 03:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Everyone

I recently purchased an L750 and when I first switched it on, up came a window asking me to set up the Toshiba Recovery Wizard re Product Recovery Menu. Now, this is all new to me, so I didnt really know what this was about as there were no instructions either, so I answered a couple of questions then I cancelled out of the task in case my answers were wrong. Can anyone help me re-set this up, answer the questions correctly and also where to find it again to set it up?

The first 3 questions I answered were:

1. Please select one type of Operating System to continue - Windows 7 32-bit version OR Windows 7 64-bit version?

2. Please select a process: recovery of Factory Default Software (recover to out-of-box state) OR erase the hard disk (delete all data and paartitions from your hard drive)?

3. Please select a Recovery Method of Factory Default Software: recovery to out-of-box state (System Recovery Options are included) OR recover without changing the hard drive partitions OR recover to a custom size partition?
Then I cancelled out here.

Many thanks,
SC ("Laptop Novice")
Akuma

Re: Satellite L750 - Setting up recovery wizard when first switched on
Posted: 31-May-2011 04:41   in response to: Shell73 in response to: Shell73
Helpful
1. Choose 64bit unless you specifically need to run an old 16bit application that you cannot upgrade/replace.

2. Out of box.

3. Out-of-box state (System Recovery Options are included)
Xardas

Posted: 31-May-2011 07:21   in response to: Shell73 in response to: Shell73
Helpful
Hi Shell73,

1 .Please select one type of Operating System to continue - Windows 7 32-bit version OR Windows 7 64-bit version?
I would choose the 64bit version because only 64bit version supports 4GB or more. Even you don’t have 4GB I would choose this version because you can upgrade the RAM very easy and 4GB RAM is recommendable for Windows 7.
If you don’t have very old programs they require 16bit you can use the 64bit version.

For example I use Windows 7 64bit on my both notebooks. I don’t need 32bit version anymore because the most applications are already 64bit compatible.

2. Please select a process: recovery of Factory Default Software (recover to out-of-box state) OR erase the hard disk (delete all data and paartitions from your hard drive)?
You have to select “Recover to out of box state” this will setup and finish recovery installation. As the name says “erase the hard disk” it will delete the whole HDD and nothing more. So at the end you have a deleted HDD without any software… Yes, a little bit useless (in my opinion).

3. Please select a Recovery Method of Factory Default Software: recovery to out-of-box state (System Recovery Options are included) OR recover without changing the hard drive partitions OR recover to a custom size partition?
Choose recovery to out of box state too. This will restore the normal factory settings with all drivers and tools. After this you are also able to use HDD recovery option and partition size you can also change after recovery installation.

If you have more questions, just post again! :)
Shell73

Posted: 02-Jun-2011 04:05   in response to: Xardas in response to: Xardas

Hi Xardas - thanks for your earlier assistance. I have been using my laptop a little since this situation, but the Recovery Wizard hasn't popped up again. Any idea where I can find all of this to again attempt set up ?

Many thanks, SC
Shell73

Posted: 02-Jun-2011 04:06   in response to: Akuma in response to: Akuma

Hi Akuma - thanks for your earlier assistance. I have been using my laptop a little since this situation, but the Recovery Wizard hasn't popped up again. Any idea where I can find all of this to again attempt set up ?

Many thanks, SC
Andrej

Posted: 02-Jun-2011 08:38   in response to: Shell73 in response to: Shell73

Hi

What happen now when you start your notebook?

Start your notebook and press F8 to enter advanced boot settings. There you should see option “Repair my computer”. Choose this option and you should be able to enter recovery menu again.
cindie

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 07:08   in response to: Shell73 in response to: Shell73

Hi I to have just purchased a Satellite L750D - salesman upgraded to 8gb from 4gb I went through Recovery Wizard
to a certain point and an error came up and asked to have computer shut down. I have restarted notebook and
it goes to Recovery of Factory Default Software screen showing Preparing initializing the partition. please wait...
this has not changed in a half hour is this normal?
Syntax

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 08:23   in response to: cindie in response to: cindie

Recovery installation can take a very long time 1-2 hours and during this process your notebook will restart very often. Don’t forget that a lot of drivers and tools will be installed but everything happens automatically.

If recovery installation doesn’t work it seems to be a serious hardware malfunction. In your case I would try it with original RAM modules and remove the upgraded RAM. Theoretically it could be another hardware part as well but changing the RAM modules is the easiest and fastest way ;)
cindie

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 08:36   in response to: Syntax in response to: Syntax

Thanks Syntax screen is still on same Recovery of Factory Default Software preparing initializing the partition please wait..
the curser is not doing anything and the computer has not changed.
I have shut down and started it again a couple of times and it goes straight to this screen and does not move on or show anything
is being updated etc. I will leave it run for awhile longer if no change will
take it back to shop as i dont know how to change back to original ram.
Syntax

Posted: 10-Jun-2011 08:52   in response to: cindie in response to: cindie

Before you take it back to the shop you can try starting the recovery installation from zero. Everything is described here exactly:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R02.htm

If it doesn’t help take it back to the shop and ask for original RAM modules ;)
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved