Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L750 - Weak wireless signal
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-May-2011 06:47 Last Post By: Xardas
doylemrs

Satellite L750 - Weak wireless signal
Posted: 28-May-2011 06:18

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a 5 day old Satellite L750 that can only muster 40% wireless signal within 20cm of the router and loses signal altogether by about 2m from it, Spoke to Toshiba support who suggested System Restore, have done this and no improvement. Have checked the Atheros driver and it says its up to date, have also checked the power option that has been suggested in other threads.

The router is fine because my vintage Compaq and ipad2 have full strength signal from several rooms away.

Please help as I'm pretty unimpressed with my first Toshiba purchase and will be returning it if I can't get this fixed.
C3PO

Re: Satellite L750 - Weak wireless signal
Posted: 28-May-2011 10:11   in response to: doylemrs in response to: doylemrs
Helpful
Hello

Do you notice this behavior only with Eco Mode setting or also with high performance power plan? This would mean you should set Maximum Performance power option for WLAN card in power plan setting.

Beside WLAN driver update you should also check the BIOS version. Have a look on Toshiba page if there is a newer version and if yes try updating it:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

Check this!!!
KR

Wireless lan driver downloads
Posted: 29-May-2011 12:37   in response to: doylemrs in response to: doylemrs

I keep getting this message sent to me and when I try and download the update driver I get a win zip option and I don't kmow what to do with that and I obviously haven't downloaded it properly as I keep getting the alert - can anybody help
PauPau

Re: Wireless lan driver downloads
Posted: 29-May-2011 18:51   in response to: KR in response to: KR

The driver package is zipped. So you have to unzip this firstly using a free tool like WinRAR or WinZip.
After that you will have a folder with the files… usually there should be a exe file.
This file needs to be executed and the driver installation would start.
doylemrs

Posted: 30-May-2011 22:01   in response to: C3PO in response to: C3PO

Thanks for the link to update the drivers - it suggested 2 BIOS updates. I downloaded the first one fine but when I went to run it I got an error message that said "region MAP not found". It wouldn't do anything after that. Any suggestions?
I have checked the power setting on the Wireles Adapter and it's on 'Maximum Performance'
Xardas

Posted: 31-May-2011 06:47   in response to: doylemrs in response to: doylemrs

Hi doylemrs,

There are several Satellite L750 models so there are different BIOS updates. If you search for Satellite L750 you see different model numbers:
PSK6ME
PSK1WE
PSK2YE
PSK6RE
PSK30E

So what Satellite L750 you have exactly?
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved