Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L450D wont power up
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-May-2011 07:56 Last Post By: Xardas
ritzema123

Satellite L450D wont power up
Posted: 09-May-2011 15:25

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi guys

Right here go's , I have a Toshiba Satellite L450D which would not boot up in fact nothing except the green power on light, so I decided to strip it down to have a look after removing the keyboard & power switch ribbon cable & everything else I just thought I would reconnect the power cable without screwing anything back together & lo & behold the fan started to spin but only for 5 secs, the cdrom made the normal sounds I got another green light showing & the battery light came on.

But NO DISPLY never even tried to boot from the hard drive? Anyway I screwed it all back together & tried to power it up but I was back to square one nothing except again the first green light.
So I stripped it down again & attached power ribbon & I was back to lights , cd rom, fan.

I have left it at that just wondered if anyone can tell me what the fault is plz?
Cheers Guys
Akuma

Re: Satellite L450D wont power up
Posted: 11-May-2011 02:10   in response to: ritzema123 in response to: ritzema123

Have you tried adding each component one by one to determine what is causing the POST failure?

Have you added any extra RAM? Or tried booting with just one RAM Module?
Xardas

Re: Satellite L450D wont power up
Posted: 11-May-2011 07:56   in response to: ritzema123 in response to: ritzema123

Hi ritzema123,

Have you tried an external monitor? Probably only the internal monitor is defective and so you don’t see picture. It’s worth a try.

Also disconnect the AC/DC adapter and remove the battery. Then wait at least for one hour and then connect both devices again. Try to start your notebook now and check what happens.

In worst case you need professional help from an authorized service provider because it looks like a hardware malfunction. Is your notebook under warranty? In such case the repair would be for free. :)
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved