Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite C650D harddisc problem-No bootable device
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Apr-2011 19:44 Last Post By: Barrie
marijasikman

Satellite C650D harddisc problem-No bootable device
Posted: 16-Apr-2011 09:11

No bootable device, please insert boot disc and press any key....and again again and again.

it not a problem to do a recovery but it's comming each few days again.picture freezes, everything stops, and black window is comming with that info...

And of course Toshiba support doesn't work Saturdays.....any solution for this weekend?
Timox

Re: Satellite C650D harddisc problem-No bootable device
Posted: 16-Apr-2011 09:34   in response to: marijasikman in response to: marijasikman

Unfortunately I don’t think there is some “special trick” about that.

All you can try is to set BIOS to default settings and check if HDD is recognized properly. If notebook has problem to recognize HDD as bootable device this issue is definitely for Toshiba service.

... but it's comming each few days again.picture freezes, everything stops, and black window is comming with that info...
This is only thing that I cannot understand. How it can happen that sometimes everything works and sometimes not?

Is HDD set as first bootable device?
What happen exactly when you start your notebook?
marijasikman

Posted: 16-Apr-2011 19:19   in response to: Timox in response to: Timox

Thats what I also do not understand.....HDD is already set, I've checked 2 times few days ago to be sure...I've tried everything.how it's happening?Dont know really, sometimes it's working great for few days, sometimes (as today) it's not working at all.

Exactly?I turn it on, and then I have 2 different possibilities (depending on who knows what-temperature outside, mood of notebook, whatever) :

1st-It' going great, a bit slowly but properly, turning on, and at some poing just freezing, and black window is coming with :no bootable device etc,etc.

2nd: Turn on, windows is not starting at all, just first what happen is black window with "check cable connection, no bootable device, please insert...."(same as always)

Only differents is is it happen a second after turning on or few hours later....

unfortunatly seems like "toshiba service...":(
Barrie

Posted: 16-Apr-2011 19:44   in response to: marijasikman in response to: marijasikman

I’m afraid you are right.

If you don’t know how to find nearest Toshiba service provider visit Toshiba support page - http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an ASP
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved