Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to remove BIOS password toshiba satellite L350 ?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Apr-2011 08:08 Last Post By: assex
alijaved_1

How to remove BIOS password toshiba satellite L350 ?
Posted: 13-Apr-2011 00:15

Dear Experts :-

I have toshiba satellite L350 laptop. and i have forget the password BIOS .
sameone told me remove the battery on motherboard . i do and 24 hr without betttary .
but when i put the battery on motherboard . and press On butten , but still BIOS password.
Please Tell me any one how can i remove Password ?
Thanks .
Akuma

Re: How to remove BIOS password toshiba satellite L350 ?
Posted: 13-Apr-2011 00:32   in response to: alijaved_1 in response to: alijaved_1

The BIOS password cannot be removed easily due to security reasons.

You will need to send the notebook to an Authorized Service Provider who use special tools to reset the password.
alijaved_1

Posted: 13-Apr-2011 00:36   in response to: alijaved_1 in response to: alijaved_1

first of All Thanks to reply me ,

Dear can you tell me what kind of speacil Tools ? and how can i reset the password with special tools ?
Please teach me i am nothing in this field . thanks waiting ur reply .
Akuma

Posted: 13-Apr-2011 01:06   in response to: alijaved_1 in response to: alijaved_1
Helpful
I don't know what the special tools are exactly. The special tools are only accessible by the authorized service centers, so notebooks are protected when they are stolen or lost.
rotemanq

Posted: 15-Apr-2011 03:46   in response to: alijaved_1 in response to: alijaved_1

I know some methods to reset bios password.
1. The best and easiest method: Close OS and shut down the electricity power of computer. Open your computer box, take out the cmos battery from the mainboard. Then the bios password will be reset to blank. Put it back after a few minutes.

2. Follow some tutorials. For example the tutorials:

Top 3 methods to crack bios password!

3. Use the bios password recovery tool , but that is not free!

So I would suggest you the 1st method. Hope it helps.
assex

Posted: 15-Apr-2011 08:08   in response to: alijaved_1 in response to: alijaved_1

Notebooks are mobile computers that can be easily stolen and BIOS protection is very important security feature that must offer maximum on data security (to block OS start).

All Toshiba notebooks don’t have the same mechanism for BIOS password removal. Some of them are very complicated and even service cannot remove it without contacting Toshiba directly. So all these methods you can find on the net, especially with CMOS battery removal will not work. It would be too easy for thieves to delete BIOS password and have full access to OS.

You can check all these documents posted by rotemanq and googling around you can find hundreds of similar documents but they will not help you much.

Best option for you is to contact nearest Toshiba service provider and they can do this for you. It costs a little bit but they will remove it for you.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved