Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A - Can't get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Mar-2011 22:06 Last Post By: cptscruffy
Dreman

Satellite A - Can't get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
Posted: 03-Mar-2011 14:59

When I start my laptop, it stops on he Toshiba leading innovation screen and only provides the option to do one of two things. This is what it says at the bottome of the page "Press F2 to enter Setup, F12 to enter Multiboot Selection Menu" I have tried both. I pressed F2, I've press F12 and neither one gets me pst the screen

• When I press either after the Toshiba screen is visible, they do nothing
  • If I press the F2 during boot up, the instruction at the bottom of the page says "Please Wait". However, I waited for hours and nothing ever happened. The "please wait" message just sat there.
  • If I press the F12 during boot up, the instruction at the bottom of the page says "Press F2 SETUP, Entering boot device selection menu....." Then it just sits there and does nothing
The Toshiba Leading Innovation screen remains the whole time.

Can some one please tell me why I can't get past this screen and how to fix the problem?
Thank you
cptscruffy

Re: Satellite A - Can't get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
Posted: 03-Mar-2011 15:28   in response to: Dreman in response to: Dreman

I imagine that you have to reset the BIOS back to factory settings. That involves messing with CMOS.

In YouTube you can find vid tutorial that shows how to bypass the BIOS password. Nevertheless, it really is just a tutorial on how to restore BIOS back to factory settings.

Tell me how it goes, and good luck!
You won't lose your HDD files or settings.

To answer why it happened, I would not be able to know until you describe what you have done with the computer so far that might give me a clue!

Message was edited by: cptscruffy

Message was edited by: ADMIN

Xardas

Posted: 03-Mar-2011 15:32   in response to: Dreman in response to: Dreman

Hi Dreman,

It seems your notebook hangs on Toshiba splash screen due a hardware malfunction…

Have you connected external devices to your notebook? If yes you should remove it and test it with connected AC/DC adapter only. Maybe an external device can’t be recognized properly.

Otherwise I found an interesting article on Toshiba page what you should do if your notebook doesn’t start anymore:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=21

Check this!!!
Dreman

Posted: 03-Mar-2011 16:09   in response to: Xardas in response to: Xardas

Hi,

No, are no external devices connected at all. I looked at the link you provided and that appears to reference the computer not turning on. My computer turns on but will not let me past the initial splash screen. It asks me to either try F2 or F12 and neither work to clear the problem.
Dreman

Posted: 03-Mar-2011 17:00   in response to: cptscruffy in response to: cptscruffy

Doesn't seem to work for me. admittedly, the video is a bit blurry and the the contacts are tiny. I could only go by the location that appears to be pointed at in the video. I did find a couple of sets of contacts that seemed to fit the "pointed to" location. However, that did not solve the problem.
Xardas

Posted: 03-Mar-2011 17:15   in response to: Dreman in response to: Dreman

Hi Dreman,

You’re probably right but don’t forget your computer (Windows) doesn’t start so it would be worth a try ;)

My personal opinion is that an internal device will not detected properly. You could try to remove the HDD and ODD to check what happens.

But in every case it’s a serious hardware malfunction so I think you need professional help from notebook technicians…
cptscruffy

Posted: 03-Mar-2011 22:06   in response to: Dreman in response to: Dreman

maybe you can try...
escape button for 3 seconds then when prompted press f1.

or just press f1 at startup?
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved