Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Feb-2011 20:20 Last Post By: krzyglo
krzyglo

Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons
Posted: 25-Feb-2011 15:10

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have Satellite A300 laptop.

Recently I reinstalled my Windows 7 Pro x64 using update option (not clean install). So I kept my program and settings. However the media player panel (or whatever it is called) that lets me play, stop music, change songs etc. is not fully working. I can't use 2 "buttons": one that lets me turn on/off highlighting and the other one that turns media player on.
I need them working. I tired Toshiba button support, but I don't know what to do there.
assex

Re: Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons
Posted: 25-Feb-2011 15:33   in response to: krzyglo in response to: krzyglo
Helpful
Hello

What you must install is “Toshiba Value Added Package”. I use Win7 on my A300 and all buttons work perfectly. But I use 32bit version.
I don’t know if your A300 is supported for Win7 64 bit but you can try to use THIS version.

Before you start installation remove old version, if exist, restart notebook and install this version.

I hope this will help you.
krzyglo

Re: Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons
Posted: 25-Feb-2011 20:07   in response to: assex in response to: assex

Thanks.

I did what you said, but it seems that old settings are still stored somewhere deep in system even after uninstalling old version or buttons have never been assigned. And it all worked fine when I installed x64 win 7 for the first time last year. It asked me about these 2 buttons once and it was fine, expect panel being highlighted by default after turning on laptop and after sleep mode.

Message was edited by: krzyglo
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved