Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Feb-2011 07:35 Last Post By: C3PO Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ata_1

Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game
Posted: 19-Feb-2011 16:42

Click to reply to this thread Reply
i can't play mount&blade warband game by directx 9.0 with my toshiba laptop. I wanted to update VGA card but I couldnt find anywere.

Please help in emergency
PinkPanther

Re: Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game
Posted: 19-Feb-2011 17:28   in response to: ata_1 in response to: ata_1

Hi buddy,

I wanted to update VGA card but I couldnt find anywere.
You want to replace the VGA card with another one or what do you mean exactly?
The VGA card can’t be changed because it’s part of mainboard and it’s not exchangeable.

But if you want to update the VGA driver that’s no problem. You can download it on Toshiba website:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com
ata_1

Posted: 22-Feb-2011 23:39   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

i meant driver but i tried. still it has problem whlie playing with directx 9.0... with 7.0 its ok. but so much difference between 7 and 9. i asked to the game customer they said 64mb is enough for play but some ati vga cards has problem with directx 9.0.... i would like to believe thats joke coz i paid so much money for this laptop and i got surprized that cant enjoy direct x 9.0???!!!
C3PO

Posted: 23-Feb-2011 07:35   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

Hello

but some ati vga cards has problem with directx 9.0....
Surely not! My notebook has also AMD graphic card and my desktop but it works properly with DirectX 9 mode so I’m sure it’s another issue.

What you can do is updating the display driver from Toshiba website what you already tried and updating your DirectX version. That’s everything what you can do.

Probably the graphic card is not supported from this game or it has a bug. I don’t know but this information you can get from game manufacture.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved