Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L450 automatic BIOS update has bricked it
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Feb-2011 18:44 Last Post By: slippyjim
slippyjim

Satellite L450 automatic BIOS update has bricked it
Posted: 11-Feb-2011 13:12

Hiya,

My wife has a Satellite L450 laptop and there was BIOS update through Toshiba automatic updates, she said yes to it. The update took ages, it was there "updating" for over an hour then it stopped responding so I had no choice but to pull the power and now it refuses to do anything. When I turn it on the power lights come on and te hard drive light flickers a little but the screen stays black.
The BIOS update through the Toshiba program has bricked my laptop. It is just out of guarantee but this is 100% Toshibas fault.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Steve
Keany

Re: Satellite L450 automatic BIOS update has bricked it
Posted: 11-Feb-2011 14:37   in response to: slippyjim in response to: slippyjim

Hello Steve

Sorry to hear this.
What you can do? At first contact nearest Toshiba service provider in your country, explain the situation and talk with guys what can be done about that.
Be cool and don’t be arrogant. Many people call service and scream on the phone. Don’t do this. Be cool, try to explain what happened and ask for help.

I hope they will help you and you will be able to use your notebook again.
PinkPanther

Posted: 11-Feb-2011 15:37   in response to: slippyjim in response to: slippyjim

Hi buddy,

I’m sorry to hear that… Of course BIOS update can always fail due unknown reasons but I have updated it already several times and never had a problem so generally speaking BIOS updates are no problem.

Now there is nothing what you can do I think because the ROM module needs reflashing and this can only be done from an authorized service provider due their special technic tools. So you should get in contact with the guys to get rid of this problem.

It’s not covered by warranty I think but I doubt it’s expensive… Just ask for that. ;)
slippyjim

Posted: 13-Feb-2011 18:44   in response to: slippyjim in response to: slippyjim

Ok, thats what I thought, thanks for confirming it!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved