Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-Feb-2011 08:05 Last Post By: PR-Imagery
smg67

How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
Posted: 22-Jan-2011 18:16

I would like to thoroughly clean my cooling fans and heat-sink. I have looked for a disassembly guide but cannot find one.
I would like to know how to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830 just enough to access the heat-sink and fans. Also I tried disassembling it myself and failed.

While trying I dropped a screw from the battery bay into the case... any advice for getting that out :)
Xardas

Re: How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
Posted: 27-Jan-2011 10:58   in response to: smg67 in response to: smg67

Hi smg67,

You know that you lose the warranty if you disassemble your notebook?

I would like to thoroughly clean my cooling fans and heat-sink.
Therefore it’s not necessary to disassemble the notebook because you can clean it using compressed air spray. Just check this article:
How to clean the cooling system of a Toshiba notebook?

I have looked for a disassembly guide but cannot find one.
Such guides are not for public. I think they are only available for Toshiba and their service partners.

While trying I dropped a screw from the battery bay into the case... any advice for getting that out
Therefore the notebook must be disassembled I think but if you move your notebook, maybe it drops out.
Keany

Posted: 27-Jan-2011 17:57   in response to: smg67 in response to: smg67

While trying I dropped a screw from the battery bay into the case...
This is best example what can happen if you try to do it on your own.

Let’s be realistic now. Such complex and expensive machines should be disassembled by authorized personal only. They know how notebook must be disassembled and also how to avoid static discharge that can be dangerous for some electronic components.

Notebook case and all parts inside have many small plastic holders that can be broken if you don’t know where they are placed and exact way how to remove certain components. The disassembling procedure must be done following specific order that is described in maintenance manuals. Unfortunately this document is not for public usage and you will not be able to find it for download.

I strongly recommend you to contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help. It is better to pay for professional cleaning than to have some damaged parts that can be problematic to order and replace.

Think twice about all this.
PR-Imagery

Posted: 04-Feb-2011 23:14   in response to: smg67 in response to: smg67

I found these instructions after reseating the heatsinks on my q850, they're for the x305 but are pretty much the same for the x505.

Follow at your own risk: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Qosmio-X305/laptop-disassembly-1.htm

Follow at your own risk
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved