Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Serial number not detected of my Satellite L
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Jan-2011 16:09 Last Post By: harris7 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
harris7

Serial number not detected of my Satellite L
Posted: 28-Dec-2010 17:11

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Good evening Dear

I'am Harris. With you regarding my laptop i buy from UAE.
Many time i try to detect the serial number from system itself but not dedecting.
Also try to put the serial number feeded, than message coming your model can't recogonize from data base.
What the matter in this case please assisit.

May time i have small problem and try to contact the TOSHIBA help line but hopeless, there no replay from Toshiba helpline or i can't any-one on helpline what surprise this.....

Your earlier action highly appreciated.

Thanking you

Reards.

Harris.M.

My user name is harris7 in Toshiba profile.
PauPau

Re: Serial number not detected of my Satellite L
Posted: 28-Dec-2010 17:42   in response to: harris7 in response to: harris7

Sorry mate but I have no idea what you are talking about.
What notebook do you have? What number do you mean exactly and where do you try to insert this number?
Sorry but you message is not clear.

PS; this is a user to user forum. If you need a help from Toshiba, then you should contact the Toshiba authorized service partner in your country.
Salumid

Posted: 28-Dec-2010 19:01   in response to: harris7 in response to: harris7

Dear Support,

I am having difficulties registering my new laptop at Toshiba: When trying to register using standard program provided by Toshiba (TEMPRO_2.3), I am getting a reply that a serial number is not recognized.

I've purchased this laptop - Satellite L655 S5117, Serial No. XA141752W, Model No. PSK2CU-0HP01S – in Baku, Azerbaijan, on December 17, 2010.

Please help me register my laptop.
Thank you,
Salman Huseinov
PauPau

Posted: 28-Dec-2010 20:07   in response to: Salumid in response to: Salumid

Hi

Satellite L655 S5117 is a Toshiba US notebook model which is designed for US market.
You cannot register this notebook for any services which are released for Toshiba European notebooks models.

If you want to register this notebook, then have to visit the Toshiba USA page
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

Greets
harris7

Posted: 30-Dec-2010 19:24   in response to: harris7 in response to: harris7

Good evening Sir,

I read your msg & it is saying not clear the content from my msg. My problem is i purchase one Laptop on June and it is registred already some time wanted to check or put come complinet to you i mean Toshiba help desk than Help desk will ask the System Serial no. as well Model no. but manualy given it is not recoganize itself and saying "sorry Serial Number not dedected" or Model Number not dedected system itself I giving my full details below it is Model L505-14U SATELLITE, Serial No. 4A464799K, Part Nunber of Model is PSLS9E-02P002AR. Now tell me what worng with this system to dedect the model number or serial number automatic dedection of itself.

I have some problem about the mic and sound system i check near the authorise agent they said no sight repair also give to in Dubai, i am staying at Sharjah, not easy to go there from my side suppose i wanted to check and give to collection point they said it will take one week to get back the system. "These are your quick serive" compare other compititer of computer manufacturer.

One more point i wanted to write here there no help from on-line or e-mail, suppose modern technology not utilize from Toshiba side to reach their millions of customer arround world on finger trip. waiting more days to get proper replay from you. "This is called modern User Friendly Activity".

Your early action highly appreciated.

Thanking you.

Haris.M.

Paolo30

Posted: 30-Dec-2010 20:36   in response to: harris7 in response to: harris7

Hi harris7.

This is user to user forum. Seems you didn't known this.
Anyway… seems that the system cannot recognize your serial number automatically...

The notebook Sat L505 belongs to the PSLS9E series. All drivers can be found here;
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

The Toshiba ASP in Dubai can be found here;
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/ASP_SUPPORT/

Hope this helps in some way...
harris7

Posted: 18-Jan-2011 16:09   in response to: harris7 in response to: harris7

Good evening Sir,

Still i not get any replay from Toshiba side
Legend
Master: 700 + pts