Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to restore Equium P200-1IR back to factory settings?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Dec-2010 15:37 Last Post By: Syntax
Shivablade

Posted: 23-Dec-2010 02:18

I seem to have lost my disc. Is there any way i can make a recovery disk to reboot with or must I fork out money to Toshiba and have them send me another 1.

I doubt this Laptop has the new HDD recovery utility via holding the "0" key at startup.

Help please !
Andrej

Re: How to restore Equium P200-1IR back to factory settings?
Posted: 23-Dec-2010 07:55   in response to: Shivablade in response to: Shivablade

Have you got recovery DVD with your notebook?
If not than your notebook was delivered with HDD recovery image.

OK it is not important so much at the moment. Test it using method described in this document > http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm

Let me know if this will work.
Shivablade

Posted: 23-Dec-2010 13:26   in response to: Andrej in response to: Andrej

A disc did come with my Laptop however, i can't seem to find it anywhere sadly.

I followed the F8 -> Repair Your Computer function, this lead me to a set of options

• Startup Repair
  • System Restore
  • Windows Complete PC Restore (from backup)
  • Windows Memory Diagnositc Tool
  • Command Prompt
  • Restoring the complete Windows operating system

I clicked on the last option only to receive this :
" If preinstalled files are damaged, you can use the Product Recovery DVD-ROM to restore them"
and that's all. So im guessing i don't have the HDD Recovery with this computer.

Any ideas ? =(
Syntax

Posted: 23-Dec-2010 13:29   in response to: Shivablade in response to: Shivablade

Hey,

I don’t know if your notebook is equipped with HDD recovery or not but holding the “0” key on startup is wrong. You have to start HDD recovery in advanced boot menu of Windows if it’s available on your model.

Check this!!!
Keany

Posted: 23-Dec-2010 13:36   in response to: Shivablade in response to: Shivablade
Helpful
If you got your notebook with recovery DVD that it was not delivered with HDD recovery option.
I have old P200D and I got it with DVD only.

Any ideas ? =(

Fact is that factory settings you can have using recovery disc only. If you don’t have it you can try to order it under https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
Other way you must use original Microsft installation disc.
Shivablade

Posted: 23-Dec-2010 13:40   in response to: Syntax in response to: Syntax

I didn't hold down the "0" key, i used the F8 key to reach the advanced boot menu then followed on to the "Repair Your Computer" option which brought me to the Full recovery menu.

I didnt see any HDD Recovery selection for my model so I'm guessing i really need to find that recovery disk or somehow create 1 if its possible.

I saw a link on google somewhere mentioning the ability to create a Vista 32-bit Recovery disc thanks to the NeoSmart tech company , I burnt the disc and managed to boot up with it , yet upon attempting to re-install Vista i get : Windows cannot open the required file E:\Sources\Install.wim is missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Im guessing the iso image file was corrupt.

Im totally out of ideas now :/ seems like its money for that recovery disc now :(
Syntax

Posted: 23-Dec-2010 15:37   in response to: Shivablade in response to: Shivablade
Helpful
Hey,

Yes, it seems that you have to buy a new recovery disk from Toshiba to restore factory settings.

It’s not for free but don’t forget with factory settings all settings, drivers, etc. are 100% pretested and everything will work properly so it’s safe investment. :)
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved