Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-Nov-2010 15:14 Last Post By: Tonny
Rard C

Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
Posted: 28-Nov-2010 09:02

My P500 goes to sleep mode after several minutes of not action. I can not wake it again. I have set all the settings to never sleep or hibernate, but it does.

Can some one please tell me how to turn this function off?
PinkPanther

Re: Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
Posted: 28-Nov-2010 13:01   in response to: Rard C in response to: Rard C

Hi buddy,

Normally you can disable the sleep mode in Windows Power Management as described here:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD84026Q0000R01.htm

But what operating system you have?
Have you installed all Windows updates?

Does your notebook also go in sleep mode if you do something or just it’s not in action?
Rard C

Posted: 28-Nov-2010 22:29   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7. All windows updates have been run as far as I am aware. It foes to sleep when not being used. It takes 15 minutes of no action and yet all the power options have been set to never. The bit that is really annoying is that I can not wake it up. When I touch the power button oit powers down completely and I have to re-boot from scratch. Thanks for your help.
C3PO

Posted: 29-Nov-2010 07:52   in response to: Rard C in response to: Rard C
Helpful
Hello

That’s really strange, normally if sleep mode is disabled, the notebok shouldn’t go in sleep mode...

Are you using the preinstalled Windows version from Toshiba or your own Windows installation?

Maybe a BIOS update would help… You should check the Toshiba website for an update:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

But before you start this update, close all running programs (also antivirus and firewall) and make sure you are logged in as Administrator.
Rard C

Posted: 29-Nov-2010 09:21   in response to: C3PO in response to: C3PO

Thanks C3PO,

I'll get my tech guy to try that. My Windows version is the preloaded from Toshiba. It is so frustrating and startying to cost me loads. Thanks for your input. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Tonny

Posted: 29-Nov-2010 15:14   in response to: Rard C in response to: Rard C
Helpful
I would also recommend checking the sleep mode functionality after the notebook has been set back to factory settings.
As mentioned above; notebook should never access the sleep mode if all options have been disabled… run recovery and check it again…
Hopefully it’s not hardware related issue…
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved