Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
'A problem with the cooling system' error message on Satellite A660
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19-Nov-2010 10:42 Last Post By: Horwath
Tosh-AK

'A problem with the cooling system' error message on Satellite A660
Posted: 14-Nov-2010 18:05

Hi all,

Hope I can get some help here. I've had about 5 HP laptops after all of them had problems and faults. I got sick of them and therefore got a refund and bought a high spec A660-1FH.

The A660 has been a great laptop for two days until yesterday when I started getting a warning message saying 'A problem with the cooling system has been detected. Please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service'.

The cpu fan works fine as you can here it spinning and the temperature of the i5-460m processor is around 40 degrees for both cores - which seems normal to me. I've noted that it happens only when running on battery and if you switch from eco utility to power saver mode. Its fine when running on the 'balanced' power setting. The fan is louder before when this message appears.

As its under 28 days my retailer swapped it for a brand new one straight away. Got the new one home, and the same message appears again. Has anyone else experienced this. As two laptops have had this, I'm wondering if this is normal for the A660 series laptop or if there is really a hardware issue?!

I have tried to upgrade eco utility and the bios of the laptop but both are the latest versions. Can anyone help or share if they experience a similar issue with their laptop?

Thanks
Horwath

Re: 'A problem with the cooling system' error message on Satellite A660
Posted: 19-Nov-2010 10:42   in response to: Tosh-AK in response to: Tosh-AK

In front of me I have Satellite A660-13Q (PSAW3E) and I have it about 6 weeks now. It runs almost 10 hours daily and until now I didn’t notice such message or anything else that can be suspect for hardware functionality.

I really don’t know why this happen on your notebook and don’t think there is anything you can do about it.
I would exchange it again. What you can also try is to contact nearest Toshiba service. Make a call, explain the situation and ask if they can help you with this.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved