Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 19-Oct-2010 22:23 Last Post By: ThienAn
ThienAn

How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
Posted: 10-Oct-2010 12:16

Hello

I don't know the Qosmio well, because it's my first time. My brother installed many stupid things on my notebook and some programs don't work. As a solution I wanted to reinitialize Windows 7.I have an original CD but I read that the notebook won't run right if I do that and that I would need a Toshiba Win7.
So my question is obvious:

Where do I get a Toshiba Win7 or how do I reinitialize my Windows, which is preinstalled? I have a HDD Recover on my hard disk but I don't know how to use it?!

Can anyone help me?
Terentino

Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
Posted: 10-Oct-2010 14:23   in response to: ThienAn in response to: ThienAn

Please try to start HDD recovery installation following instruction on http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm

Let me know if you will be able to do this.
C3PO

Posted: 11-Oct-2010 13:18   in response to: ThienAn in response to: ThienAn

Hello

I have an original CD
That means you have a Microsoft Windows 7 disk? Or is it the Toshiba recovery disk?

Well, Microsoft disk will also work but it contains no drivers and everything you have to install step by step. The drivers you can download from Toshiba website.

In my opinion the easiest way is using HDDrecovery as Terentino described. Therefore you don’t need a disk and it’s done in few minutes.
After this you have ready to use Windows or with other words: Factory settings!
ThienAn

Posted: 11-Oct-2010 20:26   in response to: C3PO in response to: C3PO

Mh my idiot brother already installed Win 7.How do I start HDD Recovery now?With F8 won't work beceause the screen changed and i can't choose repair.
Help pls I want factory settings.

Nothing from Toshiba works,except the buttons on the left side and the touchpad.

Message was edited by: ThienAn
PauPau

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 07:35   in response to: ThienAn in response to: ThienAn

Hi

I think this is not possible anymore because the HDD and boot manager has been formatted and you will not be able to start the HDD recovery procedure anymore.
It seems you didn’t create the recover disk too…

In such case you will need to order a recovery disk from here:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Greets
MATROX

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 15:33   in response to: PauPau in response to: PauPau

You spend so much money on your laptop then you're not given any windows dvd, and then on top of that you have to buy a recovery dvd from toshiba that cost £30 to reinstall all the crapware that's was there!!!!!!!!! RIPP OFF.

I'd say format the whole hard disk and reinstall windows and any software you like then look for (research/google) acronis backup. That way you regain all the hard disk space 250 gig that was taken buy the usuless recovery and you decide what goes in your laptop.
Xardas

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 16:04   in response to: MATROX in response to: MATROX

Hi MATROX,

You spend so much money on your laptop then you're not given any windows dvd
Before you start writing such things you should read the user manual!
It’s right information that you don’t get a Windows DVD with your notebook but you can create such a disk yourself. You can do this using preinstalled Toshiba recovery disk creator that is preinstalled on your computer. Therefore you need only blank DVDs and that’s all.

By the way: Everything what is important you can read in user manual! ;)
ThienAn

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 18:45   in response to: Xardas in response to: Xardas

Why that?I still have the partition with HDD recovery.So why can't I make a DVD Recovery or start the programm?It's still untouched and nit fornated.Just Windows partition was formated.
MATROX

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 18:56   in response to: Xardas in response to: Xardas

Hi,

I do understand what you're saying. User manual's usuful....if you don't know what you're doing....but a novice can follow those instructions blindly untill you tell him/her to buy the toshiba recovery media(it seems to be the answers here on so many threads) after they mess their system up which is a definite. Hence toshiba is taking advantage of those novices to make money by selling them recovery dvd's which they should have supplied in the first place.

I just bought an expensive toshiba laptop with nothing else at all. I am so gutted that toshiba are not putting the effort to look after their customers, ie supply dvd's, recovery dvd's etc... after all we spent so much money in getting this toshiba product in the fisrt place! so why don't toshiba make it easy for its customers by supplying recovery dvd's free of charge?

In my opinion, if toshiba did that many customers would buy other toshiba products too. It's called trust and fairness!
ThienAn

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 19:02   in response to: MATROX in response to: MATROX

their have to be a way.Every system has a backdoor and I still have the recovery folder.if someone would instruct me I could do it.You can't tell me that just beceause I changed the bootsystem that the recovery won't work anymore.
MATROX

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 19:10   in response to: PauPau in response to: PauPau

"Why that?I still have the partition with HDD recovery.So why can't I make a DVD Recovery or start the programm?It's still untouched and nit fornated.Just Windows partition was formated."

That's the view of many customers who spent alot of money on their laptops! they still have the 2 partitions for recovery but toshiba made sure they can't do that once they format their C:\ partinion 1 of their hard drive because the software that allows them to do that was installed on that partition......so in order to get that software buy toshiba recovery media which will only allow you to load what you already have :-), a JOKE

GREED
ThienAn

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 19:12   in response to: MATROX in response to: MATROX

is anyone online who could help me?
MATROX

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 19:19   in response to: ThienAn in response to: ThienAn

Hi ThienAn ,

If you formatted your hard drive (partition 1) and you have one partition with about 400mg and another data partition; just forget it. These are the recovery partitions and you need specific toshiba software to load them. Google for the answer and learn. There are so many dissatisfied csutomers and I am one of them.You only need windows and the drivers to get everything you want. Get yourself a copy of windows and download all the drivers from tosh and install everything yourself.

Otherwise go and buy tosh recovery media...whgich is usuless anyway
ThienAn

Posted: 12-Oct-2010 23:59   in response to: MATROX in response to: MATROX

Pls can someone burn me a recovery dvd and send it to me?Pls
ThienAn

Posted: 13-Oct-2010 15:10   in response to: ThienAn in response to: ThienAn

can someone at least help me how to activate the multimedia buttons on the left side(e.g. next,play/pause,..).
pla/pause works but the eco,mute and the other don't work.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved