Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A660
how to record video with USB webcam?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-Oct-2010 17:54 Last Post By: Tonny
HowardW

Satellite A660: how to record video with USB webcam?
Posted: 03-Oct-2010 12:57

I recently bought a Satellite A660 which has a built-in webcam. Using the supplied Toshiba video application I can record videos, but I find the clarity and brightness of the picture quite poor, even in good lighting.

I have a USB webcam that I've plugged in and tested e.g. in Skype, and it produces much better pictures in the same conditions. My question is: how can I tell the Toshiba video app to use the USB webcam instead of the built-in one? I can't find any settings where I can choose which camera to use.

If that's not possible, do I need to install some other video recording software? Windows 7 doesn't seem to have any applications where you can simply record video from a webcam (I thought Windows Move Maker would do this, but it seems not).

I just want to be able to record video from my USB webcam - any suggestions on how best to do this would be welcomed.

thanks,

Howard
assex

Re: Satellite A660: how to record video with USB webcam?
Posted: 05-Oct-2010 07:40   in response to: HowardW in response to: HowardW

I don’t think something like this is possible. Preinstalled “Camera Assistant Software “ is obviously designed to run with build in cam only.
What you need is some third part software that you can use for this purposes.

Google a little bit around and visit some video forums where you can pick up info about this.
Tonny

Re: Satellite A660: how to record video with USB webcam?
Posted: 05-Oct-2010 17:54   in response to: HowardW in response to: HowardW

My question is: how can I tell the Toshiba video app to use the USB webcam instead of the built-in one? I can't find any settings where I can choose which camera to use.

You have to use an 3rd party tool.
Toshiba webcam software uses the internal webcam… if you are using external webcam then you have to choose other software.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved